BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
.oo=||=oo.
1,126 Posts
I drove an off-lease '02 530i sport/step. Was very, very impressed with the car. And what a great value now. Good choice! :thumbup:

·
Gotta love e39
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for viewing and kind comments.

Just one thing I am disappointed about the car - the audio. Have DSP, business CD and CD changer, no nav. Wish it has a little more bass. Will have to do something about it once I researched and found out what most people did to improve the bass. I am sure this has brought up before here or at other forums.

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
JetBlk530i2002 said:
Thanks all for viewing and kind comments.

Just one thing I am disappointed about the car - the audio. Have DSP, business CD and CD changer, no nav. Wish it has a little more bass. Will have to do something about it once I researched and found out what most people did to improve the bass. I am sure this has brought up before here or at other forums.
My car doesn't have the Premium package; no DSP, no bass, no mid range :eek: It came from the factory with the Business Tape system. Tape, no CD. In 2000, the car stickered for 58k - I've whined about this in the past, and I'll whine again: Our 14k '03 Corolla LE's system was so much better than the bimmer's :dunno:

-Mark

·
Registered
596 Posts
I really don't know why people de-badge their cars! Even when I visited Germany, I probably saw more cars without the emblems than those that still had it. Is it because people are ashamed to drive a 525 or 530 as opposed to a 540 or M5?? Don't think I've seen any de-badged 540's...

Funny thing is that people who DON'T know about Bimmers don't know the difference between a 525 or 530 or 540i.

People who DO know their Bimmers know that a debadged car is a lower end model just by looking at the trim or mufflers, mirrors, etc. I feel like it takes away the identity of the car. Be proud to drive what ever you drive. I highly doubt you would take off a 540 or M5 emblem ...even for a 'clean' look?! :tsk:

Then there's those who put an M emblem on their's...Let's not even go there! :tsk: Just my 2 cents!

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
King said:
I highly doubt you would take off a 540 or M5 emblem ...even for a 'clean' look?! :tsk:
I'm thinking about de-badging my 540 - just to make it more of a sleeper. But then if I got the M-tech kit, it wouldn't be much of a sleeper anymore...

-Mark

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I've also heard that its fairly common in Europe for people to debadge higher-end models to reduce the risk of theft. And, actuallly, in Europe you ca order BMWs without the badge from the factory.

·
Gotta love e39
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
King said:
I really don't know why people de-badge their cars! Is it because people are ashamed to drive a 525 or 530 as opposed to a 540 or M5??
I had a choice between 540 and 530 and I picked 530 because I like it in black, 540 is in white. I would have de-badged the 540 as well if I bought it. It has, at least to me, nothing to do with covering up what you're driving. Let's face it, you can hide whatever you want from others, but one thing for certain you can't hide the fact from yourself.
Just my .02 cents.

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
I own a 540 and I debadged mine as well. I like the cleaner look and since I have the shadowline trim, I wanted a DE CHROMED look as well. I just like the look of the car with no chrome. It just looks more solid. So I have a debadged 540...and NO CHROME anywhere on the car. I recently chagned the front kidney grills as well. Color matched with black fins. I really like the look.

plus...I know its a 540...and yeah to people who KNOW..they will know it is a 540...those who dont, oh well.

*back to the poster of this thread!"
As for your 530 I have the same sound set up...stay tuned. I am planning on installing my old 10" bazooka tube and a amp to my car. I will provide pics as soon as my installer gets around to doing it. It keeps getting pushed back...I am supposed to get it done this weekend. So..fingers crossed I hope he can do it this weekend.

·
Gotta love e39
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AsianImage said:
As for your 530 I have the same sound set up...stay tuned. I am planning on installing my old 10" bazooka tube and a amp to my car. I will provide pics as soon as my installer gets around to doing it. It keeps getting pushed back...I am supposed to get it done this weekend. So..fingers crossed I hope he can do it this weekend.
Love to see what your set up looks like. I will probably go with two 8" or 10" subs and as stock as possible since money is kind of low after buying the car. Thanks.

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
JetBlk530i2002 said:
Love to see what your set up looks like. I will probably go with two 8" or 10" subs and as stock as possible since money is kind of low after buying the car. Thanks.
Trust me I am feeling the effects of low moolah as well. That is why I am going with this set up. I will definitely post up some pics once it is installed.

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
King said:
I really don't know why people de-badge their cars! Even when I visited Germany, I probably saw more cars without the emblems than those that still had it. Is it because people are ashamed to drive a 525 or 530 as opposed to a 540 or M5?? Don't think I've seen any de-badged 540's...

Funny thing is that people who DON'T know about Bimmers don't know the difference between a 525 or 530 or 540i.

People who DO know their Bimmers know that a debadged car is a lower end model just by looking at the trim or mufflers, mirrors, etc. I feel like it takes away the identity of the car. Be proud to drive what ever you drive. I highly doubt you would take off a 540 or M5 emblem ...even for a 'clean' look?! :tsk:

Then there's those who put an M emblem on their's...Let's not even go there! :tsk: Just my 2 cents!
I have a 330i and plan to debadge. If I had an M3, I wouldn't debadge because it's different from all the other 3-series out there (not because it's "better"), whereas I would debadge because it's cleaner. That's one reason why I plan to debadge my current car. Plus, it'll make it a tiny bit different from the bazillion other 330i's (and 325i's) I see every day.

OP, looking good! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
The badge is a PITA to wax around but since I let my detailer do the waxing, I don't care any more! :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts