BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a bra for my M3.

Should I get the BMW OEM or the Colgan? Or are they the exact same thing? Both MSRP about the same, but the BMW will cost me a bit less with my CCA discount and is less hassle to get.

What about the "Carbon "Fiber" Colgan. Is that just a look or is there something special about it.

This will go on a Carbon Black M3 Coupe & I'll use it just for road trips.

And before you recommend the clear bra, don't...I'm leasing and don't really want to spend that much on it, as I mostly only have problems with rock chips on road trips and not so much around town.

Thanks...

Dean

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bren said:
Colgan no question.

I don't care for the look of the carbon fiber version, it's too busy and the texture/pattern just draws more attention to it.
Thanks. I think that's probably a good point about the carbon version.

Know any good e-tailers selling it for discount? I can look in the usual places but if you know someone offhand...

Dean

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bren said:
I can't remember finding them discounted anywhere. I got one with the Roundel cut-out for my 325 from Bavarian Auto and just ordered the regular version for the M3 directly from Colgan.
Thanks. I was just thinking I'd order direct from Colgan. Then I feel more sure I'm getting the correct one for my car.

· Padawan
1,473 Posts
Colgan: :thumbup:

--J.

· Registered
567 Posts
Colgan....the best. All the hooks and attachments are pre-bent (unlike the OEM bra) and the fit is great. I've track tested mine up to 140 mph with no flapping. I use it on the track and trips. It really protects the front end of the car. I also have the mirror bras which protect the outside mirrors.

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim in Oregon said:
Colgan....the best. All the hooks and attachments are pre-bent (unlike the OEM bra) and the fit is great. I've track tested mine up to 140 mph with no flapping. I use it on the track and trips. It really protects the front end of the car. I also have the mirror bras which protect the outside mirrors.
Yeah, I saw those on the Colgan site. I might get those too.

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pinecone said:
Clear bra. The hook on ones look so 70s. :)
As I mentioned, I don't want to spend the money for a clear bra on a leased car. I don't care if the Colgan bra looks outdated. It's only getting used for protection on road trips and will get removed again when I reach my destination.

· M Mad
10,530 Posts
So, there are no rocks in local driving? I have been hit by more rocks in local driving than in long distance between cities driving. In fact most of my biggest hits have been within 25 miles of home.

In between cities there arent as many dump trucks dropping bits of gravel here and there.

· Hated by hater haters
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pinecone said:
So, there are no rocks in local driving? I have been hit by more rocks in local driving than in long distance between cities driving. In fact most of my biggest hits have been within 25 miles of home.

In between cities there arent as many dump trucks dropping bits of gravel here and there.
My experience is apparently different than yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.