BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1986 325 ES: I am not sure what the deal is, but here is the situation. After I did rotors and pads, I bled the brakes. I did the proper wheel sequence, but when I got to driver's rear, I had a problem. First of all, it seems like the fluid just leaked from the bleeder valve. In other words, fluid came out, but not into the hose. Also, the pedal would not go all the way down on this wheel. So what is wrong? Is the bleeder valve shot? Do I need a new caliper? Can I drive it like this? I mean, I know I did it right because the other three wheels bled smooth as silk. Any suggestions, advice, and solutions are greatly respected and appreciated.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. My brakes are quiet all the way around. The only "symptoms" are a brake pedal that when the car is out on the highway, if I step on the brake, it goes to the floor, and an inability to bleed that particular wheel. When I am up on the highway I can pump it to stop, but my guess is there is air in the line. Can you just buy a bleeder valve? Do they go "bad?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts