BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've still got about 7-8 weeks before I take delivery of my 330ci, so to keep myself occupied, I've been doing a lot of reading, and gazing at pictures :bawling:

One issue I've seen raised time and again is the issue of brake dust. Is it really that bad? The only solution I've read is to, well, wash the weels. Has anyone tried 'Kleen Wheels' from Bavarian Autosport? It appears they're a shield that gets mounted behind the wheel, which jelps prevents dust from settling on the rims.

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
not to speak for the fest community at large, but i would say general consensus is to stay away from kleen wheels. i asked a long time ago, and got a lot of negative response, i forget the reasons. do an archive search here or at .org you should come up with some stuff

·
10,856 Posts
a) They look really stupid.
b) They will destroy your brakes.

The brakes need air to cool down, and the kleen wheels prevent them from dissipating heat. This will warp the rotors over time. (If you drive like I do, probably VERY quickly)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KP said:
BMW and the majority of the board members will tell you to stay away from them. They may warp your rotors from lack of cooling. Jim in Oregon had some on his 328i, but he managed fine with them. Cleaning wheels aren't that bad. Get different brake pads.
'nuff said. I deal with the dust until I replace the pads, and then go with something better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
One also loses sight of the nice disc brakes with the use of a physical brake dust block like Kleen Wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.