BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 325is. it gives me a display saying to check the brake light circuit and to look at the owners manual. i dont have the manual, and the sunroof only retracts back and not up anyone have any tips

·
Registered
716 Posts
To angle the sunroof up you need to press the front part of the button whilst the sunroof is closed. Just checking you are pressing the right part of the button.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha ha. im pressing the front of the button. it moves foe a sec. then quites. not enough to open but it moves a bit

·
Registered
48 Posts
What PJBIMMER said about the brake light switch is what was causing that problem for me too, after you replace it you should have no more problems. If that doesnt fix your problem the connections for the brake lights might be corroded as it commonly happens on the E36's. For the sunroof my only thoughts about it is since it moves back that maybe there is something blocking it. I would check all the tracks and make sure there's no foreign objects there, and make sure there is enough grease for normal operation, other than that I have no idea why it would stop after a second of moving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts