BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 bmw 528i my right rear brake light is showing that its out on the dashboard. So of course I replace the bulb with exact same bulb and its still showing it being out on my dash display. I have been reading blogs on the internet telling me its the brake light switch located on the brake underneath the dash. Is it possible that could be the problem? I read another entry telling me to disconnect the switch and if it goes out on my dash disaly then that would let me know that it was the problem to replace it. I tried that (disconnect it) still showed it being out on the display so right now Im kinda confuse. I dont want to spend $30 or $40 bucks on a part that :dunno::dunno:doesnt need replacing so any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

Mordly

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
CHMSL bulb.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you say CHMsl bulbs?

chmsl bulbs? Are you saying this is a brand of bulb I need to buy and this solves the problem? If thats it were would I get them is it a dealer part?

thanks

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Did you check your owners manual yet? If you haven't, the answer may have been right there in your glovebox. See the info below from the owners manual about the Graphic Display/Check Control warnings and you'll see that the right rear warning light indicates multiple problems...it could be a right tail light, a right brake light, or the 3rd (high mount) brake light that is on the rear parcel shelf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts