BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

break light came on with 8k miles on new breaks?

• take it to BMW, eat the $150 charge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take it ti Midas have them look at it for $30.00

• Know the pads are ok.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Do nothing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pads are new and I have 8k miles on them , any suggestions before bringing to the shop and them charging me just to look at it? I know it could be a sensor but not sure and with a new baby on board not willing to take a chance... I mean I can see the pads when I look at the brakes, or so I think I can...And if I am looking at them they are thick. Something must have happened as I went to Vegas this weekend and On the way home , doing 90 on 1-15 in Barstow the light appears , I was on cruise control and hadn't used the breaks in 50 miles.... Doesn't add up, any suggestions, and If it does mean something should I even be driving the car right now? Thanks everyone !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like a sensor related issue, but if the waring light is yellow then you havenet really got anything to worry about try resetting the warning light if all seems fine ..

·
2007 550i, '13 X5, '02 X5
691 Posts
...I know it could be a sensor but not sure and with a new baby on board not willing to take a chance...Something must have happened as I went to Vegas this weekend and On the way home , doing 90 on 1-15 in Barstow the light appears...
Please tell us the baby was not on board for your 90 MPH drive!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same thing happened to me a couple months ago, I really did need pads so I replaced them and tried to reset the light.. but it didn't work. Turns out I was missing a sensor. It ran about $40 at the dealer and a friend installed for free.. its not an expensive fix so don't let anyone rip you off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts