BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my rear brakes a couple days ago and everything went fine. The next day I realized I should reset my rear brake lining mileage. When I did that, the mileage went from 11,000 miles left to -17,000 miles. Now my car is complaining that I'm 17,000 miles overdue for brake lining replacement. I've done the reset several times without success. There was no sensor message that told me to replace the linings so I didn't replace that. Could the sensor have been right at the edge to trigger and replacing my brakes triggered it? Doesn't make much sense since it happened right after resetting the rear brake lining mileage.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Was any part of the sensor worn away at all? I believe they are two stage and it will do this if it knows you havent replaced the sensor after its worn through the first stage, if that makes any sense?

I tried resetting mine in INPA (long story) it came up sayng 12000 miles overdue until it wore through the first stage there it found a datum of 2000 miles or something and reset the brake lining warning itself, the DSC module had a fault code along the lines of service interval implausible or something... anyway long story short change the wear sensor and then reset the CBS.

Stuart

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
change the sensor. :thumbup: ebay 10.00

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,211 Posts
Old Thread but need help.

I changes my rear rotors, brakes and sensors. it said reset ok then it say -17000 system check and its telling me to change my rear brake linings.
did you try resetting it in the secret menu ?
If yes , then maybe look at the sensor you
replaced & make sure it is plugged in properly .

Only other thing I can think of is the sensor might be bad .
Is it OEM sensor from BMW or an after market 1 ?

I'll be off the 605 freeway & Imperial HWY early tomorrow ,
then I'll be in Redondo Beach area . If your in the area or
want to drive down I will try & reset it for you . No charge
of course if I can reset it . Pm me ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts