BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of things BMW famous for is its dusty brake pads. Just 4 days after I bought my 745i, the 19" rim at both front and back are totally covered by brake dust already. I heard we can install "dust shield". But, that will totall cover the disc and ruin the beautiful 19" rim. I know the AXXIS Ultimate ceramic pads are very high performance and low dust. But, it only has the one for front, not the back yet.

Any suggestion? :eek:uch:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.

I put the new AXXIS Premium on my front tires for more than a week now. They are great. They have very minimal dust and totally silent break (because of ceramic, not OEM's metalic). Now, my rear rims have more break dust than the front ones. :dunno:

I can't find any name brands (AXXIS, Hawk,..........) have made pads for 02 745 rear end yet.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Did you notice any change in the stopping power with the Axxis? I'm probably going to do the same here real soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ljh824 said:
Did you notice any change in the stopping power with the Axxis? I'm probably going to do the same here real soon.
The Axxis stop very smoothly. I don't feel the stopping power is weaker than stock ones. But, you won't have the "instant stop, head down" feel of the stock ones. Whether it is "weaker" depends on the driver. Definitely, the Axxis is not as hard as teh stock ones. The Axxis is totally silent during braking, because it's ceramic. It also almost dust free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts