Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys ***x1f642;

A week ago I replaced my all 4 wheel brake pads for my m6 2009.
When I was trying to disconnect the wear sensors /pads sensors all of them just got broke due old material.

So I order a new 3 and today replaced them.
Basically I reset all error codes with ista but from some reason I keep seeing error code of -
005DE1 / DSC brake pad wear plausibility rear axle.

Tried to disconnect several times the rear brake pad sensor but nothing was helped me it keep shows this error just for the rear.

I will notice that all of the pads sensors are Bowa oem brand

Any ideas?
Appreciate it thanks!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I’ve had one case of a bad sensor out of the box. Would not reset.
You bought 3? You only need one per axle, hence 2.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
There is a set mileage that the pad sensors create a warning code on the IDrive. This needs to be reset in the BMW Secret Menu. If you have not used this menu, there is a video on YouTube showing how to enter the menu, & one in the DIY brake section by Yorgi. You can use the Sticky at the top of the page to access the DIY's. or go directly to that section under the 6 Series. Most of the time this problem can be reset with this menu. There have been problems with aftermarket sensors having compatibility issues with our cars, so this could be your problem. The BMW sensors cost around 5 dollars more, but this is the way to go in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You are amazing dude.
Because I even drove with my car 20 miles right now to see if something will change and on the ista it's keeps shows the error but always with the same miles they are not getting change from each time that I diagnose the car.

Means the car remember this code error before I install the new sensor for the rear (I was driving without sensor until I got it)

It's super possible but how do I reset it from. The secret manu? I got inside, what will be the next step?
Cant find ant guide in internet.

There is a set mileage that the pad sensors create a warning code on the IDrive. This needs to be reset in the BMW Secret Menu. If you have not used this menu, there is a video on YouTube showing how to enter the menu, & one in the DIY brake section by Yorgi. You can use the Sticky at the top of the page to access the DIY's. or go directly to that section under the 6 Series. Most of the time this problem can be reset with this menu. There have been problems with aftermarket sensors having compatibility issues with our cars, so this could be your problem. The BMW sensors cost around 5 dollars more, but this is the way to go in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm Probably that stupid that I cant find it ***x1f615;
Pass through all the post still don't see it

Can you copy this or do a screen shot to help me?

Thank you!

Go to the end of this post & follow the directions, this is good as it gets. Once you have reset the front & rear brakes, your mileage will be reset. If the brake pad sensor is not working properly, this will not reset.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523439

·
Michael
2,268 Posts
Whilst you sort out the menu Herb has mentioned, I noticed that you did not say that the sensors where original BMW? What I do know and have had experienced,is that some non BMW sensors lead to issues in resetting. This is due to how the BMW sensor works compared to some non BMW. Since I had this issue I have never bought any other sensor than BMW's own.

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
Thats what I see when I tried to reset the rear pads :
(when I come to the rear brake pad symbol and press 3-5 sec it's writing for me OK instead of reset

I attach pictures on the bottom
Go to the front sensor, or rear sensor that will not reset. Unplug the sensor & put a jumper wire of the needed size in the plug connector, then reset the brake error. If this resets, your sensor is bad or not compatible. If you are using a BMW sensor & the system resets with a jumper, take the sensor back & get a replacement. All BMW parts have a 2 year warranty on them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered genuine sensor for the rear which make me the problem.

I gonna update here if the issue is resolved after installing it.
Thanks

·
Michael
2,268 Posts
Did you put a jumper wire in to see if the sensor was the problem?
I will lay odds it is because he has purchased a none BMW part, now that he has ordered one from BMW the odds on it will be fixed, says a betting man!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hey.
So bad news ***x1f615;
It's drive me nuts I want to cry from that ****y issue.

So I install the genuine bmw rear sensor the one that make me problem and nothing.

First thing is that I can't reset it from. The odometer it's the same thing! When I try to reset the rear pads it's just write me "OK" Instead "reset"

When Itry to reset it from ista d it's shows exactly the same code error with like 150-200 miles ago the miles on the error code always stays the same.

Even though I doing a erase codes from ista the problem coming with the same miles which is like 150-200 miles ago and not with the current miles
Seems like it's save this code error on the computer of the car.

What can I do?
By the way I tried to put like cable to do a wire on the connector of the sensor and also to tried it with the aftermarket sensor I cut the end and connect together the cable but nothing can't reset it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I don't believe I say that but yesssss!!!
Problem. Is resolved! Finally I feel awesome.

Thanks a lot to Jarrett from m5boars forum that I found his very old post (2013) and I'm gonna copy it here : (must have tool32)
(and thanks everybody over here you really trying to help about every small & big problem that friends from Bimmerfest community has!)

Thanks again Jarrett!
All rights reserved to you

"If you're like me and accidentally reset your brake pad sensors before you actually changed them, you likely see ----- on your dashboard when you tried again to reset them after you installed new sensors.

Good news! I found a solution that doesn't require you to go to the dealer to get this fixed.

You need to have a working install of INPA (search the forum and/or google on how to do this).

Put your key into the ignition and press the Start button to turn on the car (press twice I believe). Do NOT start the car though (do not touch the brake pedal when you press the Start button).

Plug your OBDII cable into your laptop and car.

Open up Tool32.exe (in the C:\EDIABAS\BIN folder).
Open File (or just press F3) 'DSC_87.PRG' (in the ECU folder).
In the left Column, under Jobs, choose CBS_RESET.

To reset Front brake pad sensors, under center column (Arguments), type:
Br_v;100;31;255;255;8000h;Fh;FFh;FFh;00h
Click Jobs menu and select Start Job Once Only (or just press F5)

To reset Rear brake pad sensors, under center column (Arguments), type:
Br_h;100;31;255;255;8000h;Fh;FFh;FFh;00h
Click Jobs menu and select Start Job Once Only (or just press F5)

Turn off the car
Disconnect the OBDII cable
Put the key back in your pocket
Start the car (press brake and push start)

If your problem was the same as mine, it should now be fixed.
Front brakes should read 25,000 miles
Rear brakes should read 31,000 miles

1 - 20 of 22 Posts