BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '95 M3. I do BMW Driver Schools. I have done 5 schools and I need to up grade my brakes. As I have been gathering info, I find there are so many options. I don't drive the car much off the track but I want a pad that I do have to change out each weekend. Any suggestions? Please advise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spec VR from Cobalt Friction. Unreal stopping power. These are only for track, they require heating up to work well. If you drive on the street & they are cold and you go to stop they dont work so well and you could rearend someone.

If you want a compound that stops on the track and the street the GT Sport is good as is Hawk HP+.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I run Turner Motorsport Cool Willy pads. They can be run on teh street to/from the track ( a bit more dust and some squeal). And work well on my E46 M3 run pretty hard.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
I use Hawk HT-10's, good on the street to/from track, squeal like a nyc taxi though. I have nothing to compare them to at the track, other than OEM pads, but my feeling is they are well worth the price and effort to change them out before I go. They stop like crazy, time after time after time, with no fade, even in 100+ degree heat.

Safe for your wheels too, which is important to me since I use my street wheels/tires at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts