BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my brake pads/rotors and the sensor but when I tried to reset the mileage, the mileage went from 150 to -9000. How do I fix that?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I changed out my brake pads/rotors and the sensor but when I tried to reset the mileage, the mileage went from 150 to -9000. How do I fix that?
Check the connection and condition of the new sensors. What you experienced is what happens when you attempt to reset the system when you don't change out a worn sensor, so maybe the new sensor is bad. You replaced both front and rears, right?

The sensor is a closed circuit. As it wears through, the system detects a resistance change. When it wears through completely, it breaks the electrical circuit. To verify the sensor is bad, you could disconnect it and jump the terminals at the connection and attempt to reset the system. If it still doesn't reset, the sensor wires could be damaged.

·
Guibo killer
83 Posts
brand new rotors and pads and in 1500 miles i got the warning/ i replaced the sensors. i got the warning again. it is a nice change of pace seeing that warning with the passenger restraint warning as if i did not have enough things to click on when i get in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts