Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I sure have appreciated all your help.
My 750li has been running really good since all of your help. I had the brake pads replaced and everything was great. Now a few months later (5) when I step on the break it squeaks or squeals loudly ***8220;so embarrassing ***8220;. Any ideas?

·
Registered
243 Posts
The squeal that you hear is vibration of the pad against the caliper piston. Every brake job I've ever done required applying anti-squeal paste on the back of the brake pad where it meets the piston to prevent the squeal from occurring. Easy to do at the time of the installation.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The squeal that you hear is vibration of the pad against the caliper piston. Every brake job I've ever done required applying anti-squeal paste on the back of the brake pad where it meets the piston to prevent the squeal from occurring. Easy to do at the time of the installation.
+1:thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Grab some Permatex Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube (Synthetic). Then, go back to whoever installed your brakes and ask them to apply it. They will need to pull the pads back out, push the piston in very slightly. Then apply a light coat of caliper lube. Let it dry a few minutes and re-install the pads. Works every time. Good luck!
Don :drive:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts