Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for brake pads for a 2000 528i. I was thinking about using ones that created less dust. Thanks

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Less, dust, that would be the Axxis Deluxe Plus....great pads, I am using them on my 540 for the past couple years. Oem performance with way less dust, highly recommended (about 75 to 80% less dust than stock pads). They are inexpensive too.

I would also recomend Porterfield R4S pads as a performance "upgrade". I am using them on my Ferrari and they have much better feel and initial "bite". I would guess they have about 50% less dust than stock pads. They are a bit more expensive, but not bad if you shop around a bit on the internet.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Axxis Deluxe Plus - good pads, though not the same initial bite of stock and that takes a bit of time to get used to.

I agree with the 75-80% less assessment, it may actually be a bit better than that. My REAR wheels (with stock pads) get dirtier than the fronts. Amazing.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/axxis_pads.htm

Bill

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the info. I am ordering the Axxis pads. I really appreciate your input.

stephen

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brake components

Just in case anyone needs brake parts or complete brake systems, I took the advice of my friends here on the forum and used Zeckhausen Racing. This guy is very thorough and helpful in helping you find the right parts for your car. Price was very competitive also.

·
I want an E46!
469 Posts
Sorry to side track but what do you guys recommend to clean up the wheels?

As of right now I am using Meg's All Wheel Cleaner + my power washer at home and let me say, the break dust melts apart.

Spray - 15 Seconds - Light Scrub and Power Wash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts