BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Top of the forum. Sticky. "Best Links" thread. It's all there.

Sent from my IBM 360/20 using punch cards.

·
Der Ursprüngliche....Albo
1,008 Posts
I just ordered up some Powerstop Ceramic brake pads for my 530i. Will update here once I install them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You get what you pay for and safety is #1. I would recommend OEM or Better.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Any suggestions on which new brake pads I should buy
Top of the forum. Sticky. "Best Links" thread. It's all there.
My suggestion is search forum.
To the OP,
As Dan and Cam intimated, this question has been asked and hashed out so very many times that you'd have to be super human to add value with a new thread.

There are literally hundreds of 'what brake pads should I use' threads, all of which say exactly the same things. Over and over. And over. And over again. (Hint: They're not inventing new friction materials real fast.)

If I were to point you to just one, it would be this one:
- What brake pads are recommended for street use on the E39 (CANONICAL SUMMARY)

Please read that BEFORE asking any further questions; if you still have questions after reading it, then do the required search and read at least a dozen others (that's what I would have done); and then summarize what you found in those 13 threads BEFORE asking (what you think is) a new question. (Again, that's what I would have done so it's not asking too much of you.)

If, after that, you still have questions - we would LOVE to see the new value added as that would be interesting for all of us.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Any suggestions on which new brake pads I should buy
I usually visit rockauto and buy the cheapest one..
+1

Pads are pads. There's nothing special to them. All cars stop just fine.

Just go to your local Autozone or PepBoys or similar and buy whatever least expensive pads they have.

mw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts