BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some feedback on what brand/type of brake pads to use on my 99 M Roadster.
The car is street driven only and my priorities are :
1- OEM or better type performance
2- low dust
3- low noise
4- friendly to rotors

I plan on using them on some new Zimmerman drilled rotors on all four corners.

Comments please, Thanks

· Crazy Canadian
1,100 Posts
I have Axxis Ultimates on my car. I really like them but I am not sure how they will stand up over time(only 500km or so on them.) They dust less than the factory and don't make any noise but they won't be the most rotor friendly pad out there. Their grip is excellent for a street pad however.

I had the Metal Masters on my previous car and *HATED* them however.

· Registered
3,359 Posts
caylan said:
2nd vote for the Deluxe Plus. A step down from Ultimates but not by much.
I don't see any dust & my rotors are practically new. :thumbup:
Almost no dust, but they're a noticeable step down from OEM in initial bite. I run 'em anyway on the street so I don't have to wash my wheels daily. :)

· Registered
579 Posts
dwm said:
Almost no dust, but they're a noticeable step down from OEM in initial bite. I run 'em anyway on the street so I don't have to wash my wheels daily. :)
Agree that the intial step esp on cold AM is a little soft.

But after warming up I 'd say they are very effective & more so than oem. But then I I don't even remember what OEM feels like.
:D

· Registered
142 Posts
jaydoc1 said:
Anyone like Hawk brake pads?
Just put in Hawk HPS on my Coupe and ran it for the first time at last Saturday's auto-X. Very impressed with the low dust. As far as braking performance goes, they performed well, but not a great leap in performance over O.E. pads. For that, i would assume you would have to go with the Hawk HP, which is a more aggressive compound and would be harsher on the rotors. Overall I am happy (so far) with the HPS.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your input. I am going to try to source some Hawk performance ceramic street pads to try. ( it can be awkward to get some of the latest items here in Winnipeg/Canada ) If anyone can suggest from whom I can get them from in Canada or who will mail the pads to me here from the U.S.A. Failing that, I believe my next best choice would be the PBR/ AXXIS Deluxe plus. Once I get the new pads tested, I will post my impressions. However, it may take a while ( it just snowed again today ! ). As well, I have the subframe out to install the Ireland bushings and also to reinforce the diff ear mount and surrounding area a little. ( not quite as drastically/ thoroughly as Randy.) I don't track the car at all, so I ordered another diff mount tab to double it up.

· Crazy Canadian
1,100 Posts
rex979 said:
( it can be awkward to get some of the latest items here in Winnipeg/Canada ) If anyone can suggest from whom I can get them from in Canada or who will mail the pads to me here from the U.S.A.
That has never been my experience. Tunerworks in Calgary can always get me anything I've ever needed... they even carry UUC products.

http://www.tunerworks.com/ is their website. If you give them a call and talk to Rob he can get you set up. You can even say that Adam Serediuk sent you so I can get my kudos, lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.