BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just picked up my 645ci convertible, from sitting in outdoor storage, (covered up) in florida.. Everything worked perfect when we dropped it off. Now, apparently we have no brakes.. I checked and doesnt seem to be any leaks around the pads, or the rotors ( visual inspection).. I popped off the covers for the master cylinder, and checked the fluid in there.. everything seems fine.. Any ideas, of what to do next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
txs.. we are going to pull it out,and see if we can just replace the seals in there
so, we put the car up on blocks. took off all the wheels. took off all the calipers, checked for leaks, etc.. and started rebleeding the brakes. old school.. we managed to get fluid to the front brakes, but none to the back brakes.. any suggestions? we thought maybe to clean out the master, and then try and rebleed everything.. if we have fluid coming to the front, is there any suggestion, to get it to the back?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, we put the car up on blocks. took off all the wheels. took off all the calipers, checked for leaks, etc.. and started rebleeding the brakes. old school.. we managed to get fluid to the front brakes, but none to the back brakes.. any suggestions? So today we caved in, and bought a new master cylinder. put it on, did all the right things, and still no fluid to the back.. since then we have checked and we have blown the lines out to the abs unit. going to start fresh again tomorrow..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts