Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving one day and my brake light came on. Pulled over to see what was going on and notice the front brake sensor cable was cut as if it wore out by rubbing on something. I had replaced the front brakes myself some time prior to that happening and I had been hearing a clunking sound from that side sometimes when I hit the brakes.

Had mechanic look at it. He couldn't hear any clunking since it's intermittent. Checked everything out while doing some other work on the front end suspension and didn't see anything. Put in a new brake sensor cable and not too long afterwards that broke too.

Cable was Bapmic from Amazon, had good reviews.

Anybody seen this before and know what's going on?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Routing the cable is important, if there is too much slack it can rub on the inside of the wheel. You might also have missing cable clips.

I had this problem on mine, except is was the passenger side rear wheel. Ended up using a small zip tie to secure the cable to the bleeder valve.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Either cable installation error and or broken clip or cable did not match original.
BTW, Don't trust all the positiive reviews on Amazon, people are paid to write fake reviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts