BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey BIMMERS, howdy. Quick question of the day, i had my car serviced by a non-$$$$ dealer shop and saved some money. They did the brakes, plugs, and oil; really good job but my brake sensor light is still on. They stated that they replaced the sensor and when i dropped by the dealer today they told me there is no code to clear.

Does anyone know how to reset the sensor?:cry::p:bawling:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
30secs pass then what, if that does not work do or should i take it back to the shop so they can replace the sensors... by the way are there only two sensors needed.. i think that is all they replaced not sure if it is one per axle

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
30secs pass then what, if that does not work do or should i take it back to the shop so they can replace the sensors... by the way are there only two sensors needed.. i think that is all they replaced not sure if it is one per axle
Yeah, 30 secs and the light should shut off.. the sensor is nothing but a single long wire with a plastic end that the wire takes a "u-turn" inside.... when the pad gets low enough, it breaks through the plastic and breaks the wire, turning the light on..

Correct, two sensors, driver front and passenger rear I believe...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i drive 30 into work and that has passed since i got it. i know my dealer rep pretty well and may just drop so they can do it. i turned the ignition key to where only the radio came on and i also did it to where all the panel lights are on.

my only other choice if i am doing something wrong is that the sensors were installed wrong or they got bad sensors... how do you know? any signs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.