BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I have spent the last couple days reading thru all these wonderful threads---Thanks for all the great info.

Recently purchased a 03 E65 with 19" tires. Tires and brakes need replacing.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience with the Falken 452 tires? Wanted the Yokohama Advan4's but the back tires are on a 4 week back order thru most places I could find.

Would like to replace the brakes myself (great thread in DIY forum) Question being: Do I need to replace the brake pad sensor also?

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
falken 452's are good tires. i prefer them over pirellis, nitto, bridgestone potenzas, and a few other

·
Registered
220 Posts
So do the sensors need to be changed or not??? I need to change my brake pads. Im going with Akebono Euro Ceramic.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey, can anyone post a link to where I can get the front and rear pads/rotors? I know a lot of you use the Akebono/Zimmerman combo, but I can only find the fronts on Ebay. Can't find the rears.

thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey, can anyone post a link to where I can get the front and rear pads/rotors? I know a lot of you use the Akebono/Zimmerman combo, but I can only find the fronts on Ebay. Can't find the rears.

thanks
www.tirerack.com

Akebono's are well worth it. Just had mine installed, and no brake dust in 4 days. My wheels would be dirty as hell by now with the OEM pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts