BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have read this 100's of times, but can't remember... to get the brakes - rotors replaced...don't it have to be before the 3 yr/or 36,000 miles????????? Since this is the free service warranty?!? :dunno:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in_d_haus said:
I believe so, yes
hmmm, if thats the case...I still have the original brakes, and my light is not on...I have about 35500 miles...I wonder If I talk really nice to the dude I know at the service center, he will replace mine anyway.... anyone ever tried that?!? :angel: :D

·
10,856 Posts
Give it a shot. :)
Your brakes have lasted a rather ludicrously long time.
(You need to learn to drive harder. :D)

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Give it a shot. :)
Your brakes have lasted a rather ludicrously long time.
(You need to learn to drive harder. :D)
I dont brake to lightly...they have lasted LONG time..which I am glad.... I do take care of things like that tho..i love my baby...i'll see if I can sweet talk somebody.... ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just got my SECOND set of rotors and pads Wednesday at 36,500. Holtz in Rochester replaced them ~1,500 miles ago but the MORONS overtorqued my lugs and warped them! Not to mention they didn't balance my tires properly either. Fortunately, Towne in Buffalo was there for me on Wednesday to clean up after Holtz.

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey GOODBYE HOLTZ!!!!!"

·
10,856 Posts
I gotr my first brake job done at 10.8K. :) We'll see when the second one comes due. :eeps:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I gotr my first brake job done at 10.8K. :) We'll see when the second one comes due. :eeps:
Beat the rush...just make the appointment for next month :D

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
How the heck did you do that! I still had a lot of pad a 32K.

BTW, if my car is not totaled the insurance is getting me 3 new tires, 2 wheels, and 1 brake rotor. I am not sure it would be safe to drive like that!

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
CD-55 said:

How the heck did you do that! I still had a lot of pad a 32K.

BTW, if my car is not totaled the insurance is getting me 3 new tires, 2 wheels, and 1 brake rotor. I am not sure it would be safe to drive like that!
Why only 1 brake rotor? I thought you always needed to replace both at the same time, like pads. That is unless your rotor was brand new.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Geeze, brakes in 10k? I thought going through tires in 10k was bad...

·
10,856 Posts
Kaz said:
Geeze, brakes in 10k? I thought going through tires in 10k was bad...
My brake pad light came on ON THE WAY HOME from Radial Tire. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Ack said:
Why only 1 brake rotor? I thought you always needed to replace both at the same time, like pads. That is unless your rotor was brand new.
Insurance is only fixing what is broken... But really expect it to be a total.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
I know I have read this 100's of times, but can't remember... to get the brakes - rotors replaced...don't it have to be before the 3 yr/or 36,000 miles????????? Since this is the free service warranty?!? :dunno:
Depends on whether you have Scheduled Maintenance(brakes/rotors not covered) or Full Maintenance (brakes/rotors are covered).

In any case, it's not a warranty repair, since brakes and rotors are wear items.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: brakes question

dwette said:

Depends on whether you have Scheduled Maintenance(brakes/rotors not covered) or Full Maintenance (brakes/rotors are covered).

In any case, it's not a warranty repair, since brakes and rotors are wear items.
I always heard and read that on the full maintenance warranty that is 3 36000 was brakes too....rotors and pads????????????????????

·
10,856 Posts
Re: Re: Re: brakes question

CCs328Ci said:

I always heard and read that on the full maintenance warranty that is 3 36000 was brakes too....rotors and pads????????????????????
Maintenance is separate from the warranty is all he was saying.
If you full service maintenaince coverage, brakes/rotors are covered, too.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: brakes question

Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Maintenance is separate from the warranty is all he was saying.
If you full service maintenaince coverage, brakes/rotors are covered, too.
Yes I'm pretty sure..that started in like 2000, I believe the 1999 models did not have that, or something Like that...and mine was a late 2000 model....like almost a 2001 ;)

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
I have a 1999 323i with SCHEDULED Maintenance (now expired). Brakes and Rotors were never covered.

I have a 2002 530i with FULL Maintenance. Brakes and Rotors ARE covered for the maintenance period, not the warranty period.

Starting with MY2003, the maintenance period is the same as the warranty period: 4/50K

I believe FULL Maintenance started with MY2001.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dwette said:
I have a 1999 323i with SCHEDULED Maintenance (now expired). Brakes and Rotors were never covered.

I have a 2002 530i with FULL Maintenance. Brakes and Rotors ARE covered for the maintenance period, not the warranty period.

Starting with MY2003, the maintenance period is the same as the warranty period: 4/50K

I believe FULL Maintenance started with MY2001.
no, I am pretty sure it started in 2000...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts