BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought rain x latitude wipers which i've bought in the past with no issues, passenger side no problem but the driver side completely skips over the middle part. never seen this before & it's absolutely stumping me and i'm a former mechanic so i've seen it all. any ideas?

i did switch around the wipers & still did the same thing (passenger wiper on driver side). i am using the clip it came with, wonder if that has anything to do with it? the wiper arm does look like it's sitting higher than with traditional wipers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this issue with my last ones and didn't know until I went to use them on the m1 and had to drive leaning over to the passenger side i just persuaded it to bend a little so it would make contact with all the window

·
Registered
149 Posts
When my rear wiper was doing this I just sprayed some WD-40 into the spring of the arm and worked it in. Perhaps the arm is just not pulling hard enough?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
tried bending the wiper but no improvement. it's only the middle since it does makes contact in the beginning & end of the wipe , so weird. i'll try wd40

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is your windshield pitted and/or old/dirty? Have read that many people have remedied a host of problems by using fine steel-wool to polish the glass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've heard of people using a very fine grit sandpaper on the rubber of the wiper blade to smooth out any streaks but I've never personally tried anything like that.

I've had uneven wiper wiping action in the past but honestly have never solved the problem short of getting new blades and/or wiper arm assemblies altogether.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i thought it was the wiper arm being loose since it felt like it was so i tighten it up & just made it worse so now i start to get pissed. i'm glad i left the field because it's not worth the headaches over basic issues like this

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this with recent brand new wipers. No obvious reason but the driver's side jumped.

I pulled the little guide off - the one which clips onto the wiper arm half way down - and the problem has gone away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts