BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BREAKING NEWS : Coupe&Cabrio Facelift

10725 Views 86 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  SONET
It's official now. According to the magazine, here are some details : New kidney grill (wider), no change for the headlights, no change of the rear lights.

I must get the magazine now, they said there is/are (?) pics, so I'm off to get the magazine now.

More to come later. Stay tuned.

Alex
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
OK. Since i am probably the only one here, I will have a coffee break and wait for those pics ... :D

Are you back yet? I am still waiting. Ok.

Patrick
Are these changes for the March production cars or the 2003 cars?
Here ya go

Changes are for 2003. Clear lights will be standard. Note the front and rear bumper.

The article is saying that BMW is differentiating the Coupe/Cabrio line from the Limousine

I like the blacked out grill...NICE:thumb:
I think it's masked. Don't think it'll come blacked.
ism409 said:
I like the blacked out grill...NICE:thumb:
G
IMO, that lower fascia looks MUCH better than the current coupe. I'm shocked.

Maybe there IS hope... (Nah....)
:dunno:

just trying to get my post count up

:)
Yeah, I like it! Looks clean. But I wonder where the fogs go??
The front bumper looks like its masked off, or I should say "unfinished" :dunno:
Yes, the text next to the pic saying the same.
Toast said:
The front bumper looks like its masked off, or I should say "unfinished" :dunno:
Can't make out anything. Can't really tell what the new grill is going to look like, neither can I see the new bumper. Guess we'll just have to wait for some better pics... but at least the coupe/cab facelift is official now...something to look forward to.

Thanks Alex!! ....as usual! :thumb:
Good job! :thumb:

Correct me if I am wrong, seems to me what they did was to install the 2002 sedan hood?:dunno:
Not exactly, the powerdome lines on the sedan going from the kidney grill towards the mirrors, where here they are narrower. (or maybe unchanged)
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Correct me if I am wrong, seems to me what they did was to install the 2002 sedan hood?:dunno:
At least they didn't mess up the lights. Oddly enough, the hood lines aren't going to the A-pillars... the lines haven't changed at all. This is encouraging! :)

They've obviously masked the fog lights... I hope they aren't the beady ones from the 02 sedan.

- JP
BTW, how do you call the kidney grill pieces in english ? I mean the ones 10 pieces on each side?

'They' are going to be 22 in total, instead of 20 now. This is how wider it will be.
ok, it's not so bad. good that i got my 02 while it was still great looking.

only have one question that is why is the grill getting bigger and bigger time after time. Soon we will only have front grill instead of anything else in the front of the car.

LIL Raja
Nice... Thanks for the pix Alex. :thumb: Those bumpers look like M3's... :thumb:
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.