BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this is my radio in my 87' 325is... Took the car out of storage, entered the original (good) code for the radio and couldn't get it to work. I admit, I tried multiple times, probably too many....I removed the battery for 2 days, tried again, still nothing. Left the ignition and radio ON for over an hour, then another time for an entire day, didn't work...Tried for 4 days with raio ON, nope.

I think I've tried everything I could think off but nothing work. Can a radio be bricked after trying multiple times ?

Car Vehicle Radio Steering part Steering wheel

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,139 Posts
there was a radiocode site many years ago in the UK, where you paid like £30 and put in the serial and it spat out a code.
usually when people came up to you in the street wanting to sell you a car radio :)
I know the vauxhall's, had a particularity nasty code function, went something like this
3 codes, locked for 5 min's
bad code, locked for 15 mins
bad code, locked for 30 mins
bad code, locked for 1 hour
bad code, locked for 6 hours
try a good code within the locked time, added 30minutes, or something like that

eventually the radio was toast, I don't know enough about your radio, I suspect it locks for a certain pre-set time

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,139 Posts
some googling also brought the below up for your car

step 1
"Leave the ignition on in position 1 or 2 and leave the radio on for 1 hour, then enter the code. Leaving the radio on for 1 hour will reset it so that you can enter the correct code and have it accepted. If you've tried to enter the code and it isn't working it's likely that your radio is locked down from having the wrong code entered too many times. "

step 2
"And if you're entering it and it beeps, stop immediately and start with the first digit of the code again. Three times and you're out. You must leave the radio powered-up with the "code" message lit for one hour before you get three more tries. "

yeah try step 1, that is most likly

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,139 Posts
ahhh ok, then... you got me. I don't think you can brick a radio, by putting in the code wrong, could have gone faulty as well ?
time for a new radio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts