Bimmerfest BMW banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Ha! No April fools here. Highways are much emptier. I wanted all-seasons with high tread for Charleston summer thunderstorms. Just seemed like the time. If I approve of the quality I’d rather spend $400 to replace all rather than one and matching tread. At 170,000 miles and the amount of time I have poured into this X5 I’ll run with it. I still run it with no fault codes on original VSS. Just getting hot in S.C. without AC. The A/C compressor is next if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

I do admire how much work you’ve done on the car. I hope the tires serve you well.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
791 Posts
Additionally I think that any new tire is better than a old worn down to the wear marks one. At that price you can run them for a year and swap them for new ones next year before they get too worn out. Hope they work out for you.
Amen

I replace tires when they have worn through HALF their usable tread depth.
So buying expensive well known brands does not make sense to me.
I always drive on 'nearly' new unknown brands and replace them by half their life.

·
Fool on the Hill
229 Posts
I suppose you could also buy 99 cent a quart motor oil and change it four times as often as the $10 a quart stuff that meet BMW standards.

And come out ahead on the cost of oil changes, if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I suppose you could also buy 99 cent a quart motor oil and change it four times as often as the $10 a quart stuff that meet BMW standards.

And come out ahead on the cost of oil changes, if you do it yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550022689-5W-30-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B000KKJQS2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=5-30w+motor+oil&qid=1586445487&sr=8-2

Cheapest I could find and would use it for 5000 miles minimum :)

If there is a 1 dollar a quart motor oil available, I would use it for the full duration.
Why change more frequently

:D:D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Back to tire talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
What was that?
806 Posts
$0.95
Only 4 left!
Qty:
$12.95 delivery

Arrives by Tue, Apr 14
Pickup not available

:D:D:D:D:D:D

FYI - that means you can’t order it to be picked up, but the inventory is in the physical store.

I work with this specific part of this specific retailer, I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just updating. Only about 2,000 miles run due to Less driving because of COVID but tires are doing great. No issues so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just updating. Only about 2,000 miles run due to Less driving because of COVID but tires are doing great. No issues so far.

I just ordered a set of mucho macho 315s for my rear style 87s on my e53 4.6iS that are getting refinished! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 275 40 20 front tires already a friend planned to use for the rear of his lowered e38 but he ended up needing 35s. They are Lionhart tires and I've read nothing but good reviews on them as well...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I have 275 40 20 front tires already a friend planned to use for the rear of his lowered e38 but he ended up needing 35s. They are Lionhart tires and I've read nothing but good reviews on them as well...
Not good to mix tires. Braking and performance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
773 Posts
61 - 80 of 106 Posts