BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bimmer has been feeling particularly good lately. :)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
15,000 miles? Time for another set of rotors and pads?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Nick and Nate, the two N & N brothers, goes through pads and rotors faster than you through undies.:D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have another 5,000 miles on my brakes. :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
The HACK said:
Nick and Nate, the two N & N brothers, goes through pads and rotors faster than you through undies.:D
:lmao:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Patrick 320d said:

And I have at least 1,000 washes left in my shorts. :D

Kidding! Happy motoring.

Patrick
1000 washes... Gosh, do you have problems holding it in? :D :lmao: :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nate328Ci said:

sissy :flipoff:

I didn't even 5K out of my last set :bigpimp:
No track time. (Yet.) :( I fully anticipate destroying my brakes rapidly once I start getting out there. :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
nate328Ci said:

sissy :flipoff:

I didn't even 5K out of my last set :bigpimp:
What are you going to do in a few months when your car goes out of Full Maintenace and you have to start paying for brakes every 5,000 miles :yikes: :banghead:

Edit: While on the topic of Full Maintenance, mine expires on August 13. I have had an oil service, Inspection 1, brake flush, new wipers, hand brake adjustment, new front pads and rotors and new rear pads done. The only thing I still need them to replace for me are my drive belts (Gee.... I swear I keep hearing this squealing sound from the engine when the car is cold :D) Did I miss anything else that I should get them to replace for me?? I think thats about it.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
DrBimmer said:

What are you going to do in a few months when your car goes out of Full Maintenace and you have to start paying for brakes every 5,000 miles :yikes: :banghead:
God help me :eek: :eek:

I think I'll have to start changing them myself :dunno:

I think I'll lobby for a shock change before 36K is up too. Do they change them when I complain? :bigpimp:

·
Registered
738 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I think I'll lobby for a shock change before 36K is up too. Do they change them when I complain? :bigpimp:
Those are covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles (as well as your muffler, battery, etc.)

Note: on the 1999 and earlier models, the battery is only covered for 2 years or 24,000 miles.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
DrBimmer said:

Those are covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles (as well as your muffler, battery, etc.)

Note: on the 1999 and earlier models, the battery is only covered for 2 years or 24,000 miles.
YES!!!!

even if they are barely showing signs of wear? :angel:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well, it all depends. You can't go in and say "I want new shocks!" and expect to get your wish. If you can be creative and come up with a good complaint, you can probably get it covered.

Of course, it helps if you have a "friend" in the service department. I got new brakes done and my old ones were less than 50% worn. Go figure! :bigpimp: I'm sure I can get anything else I need covered as well. My next "goal" is a new clutch before it goes out of warranty next summer.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
DrBimmer said:
Well, it all depends. You can't go in and say "I want new shocks!" and expect to get your wish. If you can be creative and come up with a good complaint, you can probably get it covered.

Of course, it helps if you have a "friend" in the service department. I got new brakes done and my old ones were less than 50% worn. Go figure! :bigpimp: I'm sure I can get anything else I need covered as well. My next "goal" is a new clutch before it goes out of warranty next summer.
"I'm noticing that my ride is less controlled, starting to get floatier. Also, there seems to be some slight rear end hop" :bigpimp:

Last time I was in, they said I needed an alignment due to my tire wear patterns. :lmao: Nope, the car is running true :bigpimp:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
nate328Ci said:

God help me :eek: :eek:

I think I'll have to start changing them myself :dunno:

You may want to consider Brembo or ATE aftermarket rotors and harder pad compound...BMW rotors and pads are notoriously soft. Perhaps even cryogenically treating them. Frozen rotors and pads are suppose to last twice as long as the un-treated ones...Given the fact that you're going through a set each 10,000 miles, it would be a worthy investment in $$$ and time.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
The HACK said:

You may want to consider Brembo or ATE aftermarket rotors and harder pad compound...BMW rotors and pads are notoriously soft. Perhaps even cryogenically treating them. Frozen rotors and pads are suppose to last twice as long as the un-treated ones...Given the fact that you're going through a set each 10,000 miles, it would be a worthy investment in $$$ and time.
That's the plan :thumbup:

I was thinking frozen or brembo rotors, I'll have to investigate pads :dunno:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts