BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Broke bleeder screw on radiator hose.

3682 16
Anyone know if this is a part I can pick up by itself or do I have to get the whole plastic assembly that connects the upper radiator hose to the reserve tank?

I over-tightened it and snapped it off. Spent the next 30 minutes extracting the bottom half of the screw. Good times...good times....(such and idiot - and I think I've done the exact same thing before when I replaced my radiator 6 years ago. Too much whiskey may have erased that from my memory, though).
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
I don't think you can get just the screw. I think you need to replace the whole thing. I am not 100% on this so wait for others to respond.
I did the same thing and yes, you can get a new screw. I may have one though. I will look and if I do I'll send it to you. If you are in a hurry for it, your dealer should have one, although for $20 you can get a new upper hose which is cheap insurance IMO.
Same thing happened to me in April, I ended up buying a new hose. Takes like 5 minutes to replace.
Smolck,

Thanks but the dealer has them in stock - I'll take a ride for lunch and grab it.

$6.50 for the bleeder screw vs. $50 for the whole upper hose....

Think I'll just stick with the screw since my hose is in good shape....(there HAS to be a joke in there somewhere :p) - since I just dropped $400 doing my VANOS, valve cover gaskets and thermostat.

We'll see if I can install this without breaking anything else....;)
That $50 is a dealer price. You can get quality after market hose for half of it.(keep in mind when you need one)
And if I am not mistaken there is a metal aftermarket upgrade for that bleeder screw.
Re-read his post, he's getting one for $6.50.
That $50 is a dealer price. You can get quality after market hose for half of it.(keep in mind when you need one)
And if I am not mistaken there is a metal aftermarket upgrade for that bleeder screw.
I was refering to the complete upper hose assembly when I said it can be obtained for half of it...
Re-read my post:)
Re-read his post, he's getting one for $6.50.
One at the dealer by me is $30.
I know that's what you were referring to, but that info is not relevant to the OP since he can just get the bleeder screw from his dealer.
I was refering to the complete upper hose assembly when I said it can be obtained for half of it...
Re-read my post:)
we offer a brass replacement for 4 dollars and some change- never break it again.
www.eactuning.com/parts/product_details/17111712788
I'd absolutely buy one of the brass ones but the damn shipping costs twice as much as the part itself. $13.00 to get it to my door. Seems like it should be able to be dropped in a bubble envelope and mailed for $1.50....
you could always toss a couple new belts or oil filters on the order to balance out the "it costs what to ship that little thing?"
LOL! You're an excellent salesman, Mark.

Had I not just done that very thing (cabin filter, oil filter, & fuel filter to go along with my thermostat) and not just dropped a chunk on the Dr.Vanos kit, I'd order up another shipment.

But, when it DOES come time to restock or I need something else, I'll remember you and the brass bleeder screw.:thumbup:
you could always toss a couple new belts or oil filters on the order to balance out the "it costs what to ship that little thing?"
It's available at AutohausAZ too. And if you order $50 or more the shipping is free.
Kris, I am pretty sure OP understood what I was telling him.

Thanks...
I know that's what you were referring to, but that info is not relevant to the OP since he can just get the bleeder screw from his dealer.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.