BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be here tomorrow. :)
It'll be nice.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nate328Ci said:
Break down and order some coilovers too :flipoff:
I should take some pictures of the roads I'm driving on, these days. :p I've been seriously contemplating 16 inch wheels.
 

·
Parking Spot Maven
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
Good mod! What do those wheels go for anyway? Had I bought mine instead of leased that's one of the few mods I would have done already... the stock wheel isn't thick enough IMHO.

--SONET
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:


I should take some pictures of the roads I'm driving on, these days. :p I've been seriously contemplating 16 inch wheels.
ohh...aren't they sexy

 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Should be here tomorrow. :)
It'll be nice.
Nick if you want some company when you do the install, let me know. I've been thinking about getting the wheel for my car too.
 

·
Senior Slacker
Joined
·
5,646 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Should be here tomorrow. :)
It'll be nice.
:thumbup: :thumbup: Great mod (my one and only) the DIY is easy--provided you have a good wrench--15 minutes.
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Broke down and ordered an M3 Steering wheel today.

vexed said:


:thumbup: :thumbup: Great mod (my one and only) the DIY is easy--provided you have a good wrench--15 minutes.
Mmmmmmm..............soft buttery leather :bigpimp:

Where did you order it from Nick?
 

·
Lead Foot
Joined
·
442 Posts
How Do You Like Your 325xi

My newly adopted Grand Son (married my Grand Daughter) drive my '97 528i while he was visiting from Conn. here in Central Florida.

He was so impressed he ordered one (a 325xi) and it came in about 2 weeks ago. Says he likes it. His first BMW. His last driver, a Land Rover. It liked to run him broke paying for fuel on a round trip of 60 miles per day going to work.

Would like to hear your impressions on the 525 in wet, snow etc. including mileage and tire wear.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Broke down and ordered an M3 Steering wheel today.

clyde325xiT said:


Nick if you want some company when you do the install, let me know. I've been thinking about getting the wheel for my car too.
I'd love it, but I'm working in a rather tight timeframe... I'll really want company for swaybars, though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I just have to respond...

I'm picking up my M3 wheel on Thursday.

Did I mention it came with a 330ci? :D :D

Most expensive steering wheel I every bought. I'm sure it'll be worth it tho :bigpimp:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: How Do You Like Your 325xi

rwebbe said:
My newly adopted Grand Son (married my Grand Daughter) drive my '97 528i while he was visiting from Conn. here in Central Florida.

He was so impressed he ordered one (a 325xi) and it came in about 2 weeks ago. Says he likes it. His first BMW. His last driver, a Land Rover. It liked to run him broke paying for fuel on a round trip of 60 miles per day going to work.

Would like to hear your impressions on the 525 in wet, snow etc. including mileage and tire wear.

Thanks.
325xi is great in wet and snow WITH NEW TIRES. The WRX is better, but I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise. The OEM tires SUCK. I used up my original tires, along with the brake pads and rotors (and got an oil change) at 10.8K. Obviously, my numbers are NOT typical. I drive HARD. I am at nearly 15,300 miles and am quite happy.

BTW, Clyde... Hunting Quarter is still unpaved. :D Was out cxruising with a friend. (Driving aimlessly down river rd. while chatting.) I saw the sign and had to take it. :D She really liked drifting in the dirt. :D
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: How Do You Like Your 325xi

Nick325xiT 5spd said:
BTW, Clyde... Hunting Quarter is still unpaved. :D Was out cxruising with a friend. (Driving aimlessly down river rd. while chatting.) I saw the sign and had to take it. :D She really liked drifting in the dirt. :D
It always used to be fun in the mud there. Probably been 10 years since I've been down there. I got other stories about things there, but I can't tell them from here :yikes:

:D
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have to get over to that road after it's rained heavily. :D
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just installed the wheel...
Wow! It REALLY makes quite a difference in feel. :) I am VERY pleased with the change. The wheel just feels so much more substantial, and it's a LOT more comfortable to hold.

HP Gain: 0 :yikes:
Torque gain: 0 :yikes:
Feel gain: 100 :thumbup:

And frankly, I'm with TD on this one... Feel is the most important thing. All of these cars perform more than adequately. Unfortunately, the feel is just NOT what it should be. My car is STARTING to get there. (Not that I wouldn't love to have another 100ft.lbs. of torque all through the range. :p )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Just installed the wheel...
Wow! It REALLY makes quite a difference in feel. :) I am VERY pleased with the change. The wheel just feels so much more substantial, and it's a LOT more comfortable to hold.

HP Gain: 0 :yikes:
Torque gain: 0 :yikes:
Feel gain: 100 :thumbup:

And frankly, I'm with TD on this one... Feel is the most important thing. All of these cars perform more than adequately. Unfortunately, the feel is just NOT what it should be. My car is STARTING to get there. (Not that I wouldn't love to have another 100ft.lbs. of torque all through the range. :p )
m3 wheel is SO great. that and alum pedals are my only mods... but i plan on SSK this summer... go enjoy that steering wheel on some nice roads...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top