BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
so i need some help identifying a part in my engine bay. my drive belt snagged the other day as it broke and snapped a thread housing near my engine. its the bolt that the idler pulley is on that screws the alternator into place. The circled area is the piece of metal that has snapped.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
is this a common issue in this car or is it just from the power of the engine and the belt snagging the wrong way? Im just curious if this is going to happen to other parts of the car.. i just bought the car a few months ago and have really fallen for her. its stick so shes really fun to drive. id hate to have to let her go

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
you sure that part circled in the picture is broken????... I think that it's not and how it's made.. mine is just like that but I have to admit that picture isn't the best..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that picture is a googled engine bay not my broken part. its definitely broken in my car however in that picture it is not broken i merely used it as a reference

·
Registered
15,213 Posts
Get another OFH on ebay for cheap.
Use correct torque during install.
Get a new OFH gasket ($6 at dealer, don't use aftermarket).
I posted tricks on how to seat the OFH down properly to prevent leak later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i found one for 50 bucks, and i got a victor reinz gasket, those gaskets are pretty good been using victor gaskets for a while and never had an issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts