BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a month planned on upgrading my sound system when the radiator busted @ 87k.
So now I have a new cooling system.
Planned on working on the sound system this weekend when....
Passenger rear window just dropped.
I jumped in and took out the regulator replaced the window and added a piece of wood to keep it up.
Looking at the regulator it is not the common break.
I am going to repair this regulator but I am about a 1/4 inch from getting the cable over the top pully.
Is there a trick to routing the cable?
I have tried many different ways and have had no success.
I have attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a month planned on upgrading my sound system when the radiator busted @ 87k.
So now I have a new cooling system.
Planned on working on the sound system this weekend when....
Passenger rear window just dropped.
I jumped in and took out the regulator replaced the window and added a piece of wood to keep it up.
Looking at the regulator it is not the common break.
I am going to repair this regulator but I am about a 1/4 inch from getting the cable over the top pully.
Is there a trick to routing the cable?
I have tried many different ways and have had no success.
I have attached pics.
Well this how i did mine place the cable over the top pully and loose the it from around the bottom, looking at photo #2 take it all the way out of the plastic slot, after you set the top pully you will have to get someone to hold it for you or place it around something stronge and pull it until the cable is expose and hook it back into the slot like it is now at the bottom.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I got it on. Now I am going to visit my friend to tack weld a small piece of metal along the top pulley.

·
Registered
15,225 Posts
Get rid of the plastic thing. Go to hardware store and get a short section of metal sleeve with slit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get a new regulator
It will fail again and very soon, so no point fixing it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts