BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1777 Posts

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$300 AND 6 HOURS LATER

so i have been looking for just a shell to swap in my motors and drive around. this was it. body is near perfect minus some real light rust and the front valance. the rust i will be getting rid of very soon. the headlights and grills and some near mint fogs were all in the trunk so i can slap those on. i already have everything else here to get it to perfect condition except the front plastic. the car came with 2 rear bumpers .. so now i have 3 rear bumpers and 0 front bumpers.

mint dash, knee panel and a bunch of other stuff were a plus. most of the interior was in pieces on the back seat, most of its still there

the tool kit was mint .. so i will be selling it as i have no need for it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
good find man. all i need is a perfect shell like that and my car would be perfect. what color are you gonna make it?

·
Sittin' at a Bar...
112 Posts
Looks to be in pretty good condition. Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
nice work, too bad you're in PA I could use one of those rear bumpers.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good find man. all i need is a perfect shell like that and my car would be perfect. what color are you gonna make it?
im not sure yet. i change my mind about a color around 2 times a week.

Looks to be in pretty good condition. Good luck with the build.
:thumbup:

nice work, too bad you're in PA I could use one of those rear bumpers.
ya im gonna list them on Cl if none of my friends buy them. rear bumpers are easy to come by. im sure you can find some locally

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first thing i did was remove all the trunk tar and all the carpeting to access all the bare body metal.

next was to replace the front valance .. that is clearly not my leg/foot/shoe/socks

as you can see below i decided i liked the fogs better then the deletes. i also put on the headlights and grills that came with the car.

next was to put on one of my lights to replace the missing one. i had to open one of my many boxes of new parts.

im not sure what im going to do tomorrow. maybe a emblem/sticker shave and some euro plate filler .. or motor swap .. who knows ... i will post pictures.

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
are you sure thats not your leg?

you should drop it. like a ridiculous drop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the car hasnt even been there for 6 hours and my grandfather already backed into it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:yikes: :confused::eeps:

Go take the truck and park it down the street. :rofl:

thatll get the point across. so no daily meeting for quates? :(

well ill be over tomorrow to check it out.

i f*$*** up the quote thing. eff it.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:yikes: :confused::eeps:

Go take the truck and park it down the street. :rofl:

thatll get the point across. so no daily meeting for quates? :(

well ill be over tomorrow to check it out.
i would like to do more then that .. i went up to Emmaus today and paid $150 for that valance/lip/fog deletes and he hits it and doesnt say a word to me :mad:

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How bad is the damage? He probably figures you have enough parts to fix it anyways.
i dont know for sure yet. his truck is still too close for me to see what more he could have damaged .. but green paint on the hitch was a rather obviuos giveaway that he hit my car. i should have left it parked at the street blocking the driveway.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its pretty early for me .. but i got some stuff done.

shaved the badge and the " Kemberling Auto" sticker. also put on a much better roundel. also cleaned the car.

still looked bad to me so i put the euro plate filler on. pulls the rear end together much better.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
euro plate filler looks good, might have to look into one of those.

1 - 20 of 1777 Posts