BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have trouble with retrofitting their e46 with a BT kit? I am thinking about getting one, but a friend got one and it did not work well. He was told to have his car reprogrammed for audio?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
No reason it shouldn't work as long as your car is otherwise prepped (i.e. has Option 640) and falls within the range of years for which the retrofit kit is compatible.

No idea what reprogramming for audio would mean.

The last step of the installation is that the car is coded for Bluetooth, perhaps your friend misunderstood.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
mdX3newbiw said:
Anyone have trouble with retrofitting their e46 with a BT kit? I am thinking about getting one, but a friend got one and it did not work well. He was told to have his car reprogrammed for audio?
Your friend probably had an earlier model e46 that requires an external amp. We have the correct kits on our site for a quick and easy installation with the latest ULF modules (9th generation).

BMW Bluetooth Retrofit Kit for e46 3-series
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_153_156&products_id=299

US Dealers have a freeze on the later ULF modules until the 1st Generation versions are completetly sold out.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
mdX3newbiw said:
For my car, all I had to do was replace the bmw assist module with the BT ulf module, then add the pair button. I didn't make the cut for the pairing button but instead just pull out the cupholders when I need to re-pair the phone. It works great with my Motorola phone, but the phonebook doesn't sync with my Cingular 8125 PDA, eventhough it works great for voice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did the conversion on my 02 e46 325xi. It was pretty simple. Mostly plug and play and it works perfectly in my car.
Email Martin at Bimmernav.com. The guy is an expert, super helpful and has a really loyal following. He also uses updated modules.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you have nav in your e46, does the cellphone info/call info display on the Nav screen? And can you scroll through your phonebook on the nav screen?

Kind of a bit off subject, but what are your opinions on controlling the nav system in the e46(buttons and such) vs. the e90(iDrive) for those who have tried both?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Crawlings said:
If you have nav in your e46, does the cellphone info/call info display on the Nav screen? And can you scroll through your phonebook on the nav screen?
Ja, it does.

Crawlings said:
Kind of a bit off subject, but what are your opinions on controlling the nav system in the e46(buttons and such) vs. the e90(iDrive) for those who have tried both?
Oh, no comparison. The satnav in the E90 is lightyears ahead, both in terms of UI (esp voice control) and display.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts