BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a list of all new Bluetooth phones that are compatible with the CPT 8000 & 9000 Bluetooth Upgrade Modules (BTUM).

Apple iPhone and Apple iPhone 3G from AT&T
Approved Software - 2.1

Blackberry Pearl (8130) from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - 4.3.0.31

Blackberry Pearl (8100) from AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile
Approved Software - 4.2.1.103

Motorola Z6C World Edition from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - 1.30.11P

Samsung Blackjack 2 from AT&T
Approved Software - 5.2.1620

Motorola V9m from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - PARS 01.15.0D/PARS 01.31.00

Motorola Q / Motorola E815 / Motorola V3c Razr / Motorola K1M from Verizon Wireless

Motorola V3 Razr from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola V3i Razr from AT&T

Motorola V551 from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola V330 from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola PEBL / Nokia 6230 /Sony Ericsson T637 /Sony Ericsson S710a from AT&T

Blackberry 8700c from T-Mobile

As for all you electronic gizmos and gadget fans, with regards to charging the latest generation iPhone 3G, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPod Classic with the accessory iPod interface :

With the new line up of Apple devices, Apple switched from a (12 volt) FireWire charging protocol to (5 volt) USB, causing the devices to display the following error message:

"Accessory not made to work with iPhone" or "charging not supported"

BMW is aware of the issue and have started development of a new interface cable with an inline 12- 5 volt converter. The new cables are currently undergoing approval at Apple and will be available first quarter of 2009.

Do understand that these devices were created well after the development of the BMW interface it was unable for them to anticipate this issue. You'll get what you want soon enough, it's not exactly a matter of life and death right?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Here is a list of all new Bluetooth phones that are compatible with the CPT 8000 & 9000 Bluetooth Upgrade Modules (BTUM).

Apple iPhone and Apple iPhone 3G from AT&T
Approved Software - 2.1

Blackberry Pearl (8130) from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - 4.3.0.31

Blackberry Pearl (8100) from AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile
Approved Software - 4.2.1.103

Motorola Z6C World Edition from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - 1.30.11P

Samsung Blackjack 2 from AT&T
Approved Software - 5.2.1620

Motorola V9m from Verizon Wireless
Approved Software - PARS 01.15.0D/PARS 01.31.00

Motorola Q / Motorola E815 / Motorola V3c Razr / Motorola K1M from Verizon Wireless

Motorola V3 Razr from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola V3i Razr from AT&T

Motorola V551 from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola V330 from AT&T/T-Mobile

Motorola PEBL / Nokia 6230 /Sony Ericsson T637 /Sony Ericsson S710a from AT&T

Blackberry 8700c from T-Mobile

As for all you electronic gizmos and gadget fans, with regards to charging the latest generation iPhone 3G, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPod Classic with the accessory iPod interface :

With the new line up of Apple devices, Apple switched from a (12 volt) FireWire charging protocol to (5 volt) USB, causing the devices to display the following error message:

"Accessory not made to work with iPhone" or "charging not supported"

BMW is aware of the issue and have started development of a new interface cable with an inline 12- 5 volt converter. The new cables are currently undergoing approval at Apple and will be available first quarter of 2009.

Do understand that these devices were created well after the development of the BMW interface it was unable for them to anticipate this issue. You'll get what you want soon enough, it's not exactly a matter of life and death right?
BMWTech, thanks a million for the info! I look forward to the new cable-soon I'll be able to play Pandora all the time w/o fear of draining my battery!:thumbup:
Do you know w/ they plan on releasing the 3G cradle?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi, BMW_Tech
People are having hard time to hear my voice through my Iphone3G v2.1 on BTUM9000, appearing to them my voice is small and far away.
I asked the dealer to look into this problem but they said it works perfectly with their phone which is probably not an iPhone. How i can address my issue with them now?

Thanks for your time and effort!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, BMW_Tech
People are having hard time to hear my voice through my Iphone3G v2.1 on BTUM9000, appearing to them my voice is small and far away.
I asked the dealer to look into this problem but they said it works perfectly with their phone which is probably not an iPhone. How i can address my issue with them now?

Thanks for your time and effort!
Easy, refer them to this info from BMW that states these phones were tested and therefore supported. Take it upon yourself however, to try and resolve the issue by deleting the paired phones and pair the phone once again. Another way would be to try and pair another phone, the same exact phone would be great to determine wether it is the vehicle OR the handset. Place a simple test call if you have BMW Assist in order to verify that your microphone is working properly and the telematics/communication system of the vehicle is problem free. SVS of "voice command/prompt" is a simple way to test microphone functionality but placing a test call would ensure a lot of positive things. They'd love it if you as a customer placed a test call every now and then. That's what they hope for everytime I place a test call after programming. Now, the issue may be the BTU module OR the TCU if it's NOT the handset. Running a fault scan would be ideal, they may not even take the initiative so it helps if you demonstrate the problem. I know that it's difficult waiting for a diagnosis AS opposed to LEAVING YOUR PHONE for verification that the issue is there and now resolved BUT often times, it's neccessary in order to address the "issue". It's difficult for technicians who cares like myself, to get your hopes up and tell you that it may have been corrected but until you come down with your phone........you know how the rest of the story goes. Imagine how easy it can be for a tech that doesn't give a rats a$$ and pretend that he does but tells you it couldn't be duplicated with a similar phone from the car wash guy. You get the picture, I don't think I can paint it any better. If I could, you can forget about the MONA LISA and the artist that painted that masterpiece.

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL, well said:thumbup:
I think they do perform the test since my car is doing maintainance and installing new tranny at the same time. Well, anyway I will do this to let them know. Again, Thanks. It's good to know we have you here :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts