BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may not be able to justify springing for the 330i SP (and may not even find one without other costly options). I can get a basic 330i or may be better off with a 325i SP, roof, heated seats, xenon (std in Canada), wood, rain sensor and still have some money for the good snows and maybe a dealer extra like alarm and/or CD changer? I do mostly city driving so will not have a ton of opp. to use the extra horses (which are great on the test drive) but will always appreciate the SP and the extras. Any thoughts?

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
I will definitely go for a stripped 330 instead of a loaded 325. Unless you're planning on keeping this car for a long time and really like those options you listed. Options depreciate *BAD*...

--Andrew

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
This I know..........if we could get 330 tourings here in the US I would have gotten a stripped version of it instead of the everything but NAV and leather 325 version I have.

It's all about what is important to you:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
tough call

Since I use the car daily for work and my opportunities for really opening it up is rare, I went with the smaller motor.

Perhaps it's the rational side of me that made the decision.
Do I really need 200+ horse to go to a client, shopping, etc...

Getting those extra feature are nice.

At the time, I couldn't justify paying $7K more to go 4/10ths of a second faster to 60mph.

Granted, at the time the choice was 323 or 328.

I decided on the 323. Gets better mileage, still is fast enough for battling traffic in the area.

If money wasn't an issue, obviously I would have gone all out and selected the top of the line of everything.

But, since I am a "working stiff", I chose a more practical approach and have no regrets.

Tough decisions. Go with what your heart says. Make it close to having no regrets down the road.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.