BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Build Status and codes

1756 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SilverTE90
Firmed up my order for a 330i today. When I checked the Owner's Circle site with production number I noticed that the car had the color I originally chose one week ago when I made a preliminary order w/deposit. I called the sales guy today and asked him to officially order it so I can get a production number. I changed the color also and added ZSP (already told him I wanted the ZPP). I did not see anything re: ZSP or ZPP listed. The status only read something like - Ordered- 330i Sparkling Graphite. (I changed to Arctic). How do I know that the order was placed properly (obviously I will call the dealership tomorrow).
Thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
My E90 production status page doesn't show any factory ordered options, but I think this is normal, according to my CA. He faxed me his order and the confirmation from ED that had all my options listed. So I wouldn't worry too much.

The OC pages seem very slow to update; your CA will be able to query it better from his end. The 800 831 1117 number will also have a much better status for you than the OC site, but it doesn't give you status codes or anything.

Good luck making sure its squared away! Both SG and Arctic look great - enjoy :thumbup:
Its normal that the OC does not show your options, my E90 is already shipped and it still does not show any options. As for color, it takes a few days for OC to update the color, it happened to me, too, don't worry. As long as the production order is correct, which you can obtain that from your CA, you are safe. :thumbup:
How long does Production itself take ? Wondering how late options could be added , once its schedualled for production and colors are listed.

Thanks
LWL said:
Its normal that the OC does not show your options, my E90 is already shipped and it still does not show any options. As for color, it takes a few days for OC to update the color, it happened to me, too, don't worry. As long as the production order is correct, which you can obtain that from your CA, you are safe. :thumbup:
The production takes about 1 week. I believe the latest options could be added is a couple days, let say a week, before it went into production. It will show "scheduled for production" for a while, this simply means that "they have your order in and have a estimated production week." When is your schuduled production date??
SilverTE90 said:
How long does Production itself take ? Wondering how late options could be added , once its schedualled for production and colors are listed.

Thanks
A E46 was put together in 48Hours according to the factory tour I went on here
SilverTE90 said:

Thanks
Well, they might improve their efficiency overtime.......hahah.......

My E90 went into production on 3/10, and out of factory on 3/16, so 1 week production time is my assumption.
Donnalee said:
A E46 was put together in 48Hours according to the factory tour I went on here
Mine took 5 work days too.
LWL said:
Well, they might improve their efficiency overtime.......hahah.......

My E90 went into production on 3/10, and out of factory on 3/16, so 1 week production time is my assumption.
Dealer said 03/30 when i was emailed a Vin#. So im assuming too late....that was before i joined the Owners Circle. It say SilverT/Black ette and/black trim .

Thanks for the assistance.
LWL said:
The production takes about 1 week. I believe the latest options could be added is a couple days, let say a week, before it went into production. It will show "scheduled for production" for a while, this simply means that "they have your order in and have a estimated production week." When is your schuduled production date??
3/30? Then it should be in production already. OC website is a couple days behind the actual timeline. You should always called 800-831-1117 and get the status via automated phone sys, that status is more up-to-date than the OC website. But, yeah, you are too late to have any changes to your order now.
SilverTE90 said:
Dealer said 03/30 when i was emailed a Vin#. So im assuming too late....that was before i joined the Owners Circle. It say SilverT/Black ette and/black trim .

Thanks for the assistance.
has anyone noticed that at least one of the ships with the first batch of e90's has reached New York? Are the cars just going to stay at the VPC until May 6th?
Awaiting Transport

So about another Month ?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.