BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The BMW USA website has updated their "Build your 325i Sedan" with the new 2006 model and Pricing. On the website it says the MSRP is $30,300 so the $30,995 price must include the $695 Destination and Handling.

http://byo.bmwusa.com/configurator/config/frameset.asp?Acode=XAB60BMC141A0

Here's the pricing for Packages/Options. It says Accessories coming soon.

Cold Weather Package+ $1,000
Premium Package+ $2,900
Sport Package+ $1,600

STEPTRONIC automatic transmission+ $1,275
Power Front Seats w/Driver Memory+ $995
Fold Down Rear Seats w/Ski Bag+ $475
Heated Front Seats+ $500
Active Steering+ $1,250
Power Rear Sunshade/Rear Manual Side Window Shades+ $575
Park Distance Control (rear)+ $350
Xenon Adaptive Headlights+ $800
Active Cruise Control+ $2,200
On-Board Navigation System w/iDrive+ $2,000
BMW Assist with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology+ $750
Satellite Radio+ $595
Logic 7 Sound System+ $1,200
Satellite Radio Preparation+ $75

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Logic 7 better be pretty damn good for $1200.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 330i can be built too. Interestingly, after building and pricing the two, it would be hard for me to justify the 325i given all the included options of the 330i.

Examples:
Xenon
Power seats
18" wheels w/ZSP

After building my Sparkling Graphite w/black leatherette (no ZPP) 325i's and 330i's side by side, the 330i seemed much more attractive for the price difference. (35k vs. 40k, adding higher performance, xenon and better looking/larger wheels).

·
Registered
801 Posts
A simiarly equipped 06 325i with just sports package and heated seats is over $5000 more than the 05 I just purchased. Assuming you need to pay full MSRP for a 06 ordered today.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I get a $3300 difference between the 325 and 330 similarly equipped:

Sport
Premium
Xenons
Navi
Folding rear seats
Sat prep
Logic 7

40,500 vs 43,800 approx

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Holy crap what a good deal. I just put together my car...

330i with sport package and metallic paint. MSRP = 39k.

Figure if I do euro delivery and I get aftermarket leather (maybe 1 k v. BMW's 1500), I'll probably pay about 38-39k for it. Not too shabby.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
Holy crap what a good deal. I just put together my car...

330i with sport package and metallic paint. MSRP = 39k.

Figure if I do euro delivery and I get aftermarket leather (maybe 1 k v. BMW's 1500), I'll probably pay about 38-39k for it. Not too shabby.
When BMW sent the pricing to dealers today, they did a "comparative pricing" chart. Normally equipped cars (Premium, Auto, Leather, Metallic Paint, Xenons on the 330) for 2005 and 2006 models were quite close-- $150 more for the new 325i than a 2005, and $100 LESS for a 330i than the 2005.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
SARAFIL said:
When BMW sent the pricing to dealers today, they did a "comparative pricing" chart. Normally equipped cars (Premium, Auto, Leather, Metallic Paint, Xenons on the 330) for 2005 and 2006 models were quite close-- $150 more for the new 325i than a 2005, and $100 LESS for a 330i than the 2005.
Actually its FAR less than my ZHP with more stuff.

My 2003 330i
Leather
Moon
Xenon
Performance Package
Metallic Paint
MSRP - 43k

2006 330i
Moon - standard
Xenon - standard
Rain sensing/auto headlights - std
Logic7 stero - std
Sport package
Metallic Paint
Leather
MSRP 40.5k

But I'm forgoing the leather this time (get it aftermarket) so my real price is 39k.

Do euro delivery and this thing is quite a bit cheaper. I paid 39.9k for my ZHP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
BrettInLJ said:
The 330i can be built too. Interestingly, after building and pricing the two, it would be hard for me to justify the 325i given all the included options of the 330i.

Examples:
Xenon
Power seats
18" wheels w/ZSP

After building my Sparkling Graphite w/black leatherette (no ZPP) 325i's and 330i's side by side, the 330i seemed much more attractive for the price difference. (35k vs. 40k, adding higher performance, xenon and better looking/larger wheels).
I came to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
Actually its FAR less than my ZHP with more stuff.

Do euro delivery and this thing is quite a bit cheaper. I paid 39.9k for my ZHP.
I'm not convinced it's a better car than your ZHP though. Can't imagine it's any less problematic either, it's probably worse.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
ebikinis said:
I came to the same conclusion.
Damn you guys are right - the 330 is a much better buy, at only $3k more.

·
Registered
311 Posts
MARCUS545 said:
Aftermarket leather? WHY GOD WHY?????? :cry:
It's quite often better quality leather and cheaper than factory if you go to the right place. Especially over there in the San Diego area... there is some amazing talent in TJ. You just have to go to the right place.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
MARCUS545 said:
Aftermarket leather? WHY GOD WHY?????? :cry:
Cheaper and better quality. Those are two reasons that come to mind first. Greater selection of colors is a good one too.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Dawg90 said:
I'm not convinced it's a better car than your ZHP though. Can't imagine it's any less problematic either, it's probably worse.
I'll judge the better than my zhp part when I drive one.

As for problems, maybe, maybe not. That's why god created warranties. :D

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
From an appearances aspect, none of the colors really strike my fancy...is the artic similar to my silver gray?...if not I guess it will be TiAg...hopefully the M3 sedan will be offered in different colors and offer a better looking front air dam than on the current E90.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Is the sport package available now? I thought something is coming in September production, mystic blue and something else, like the sports package?

A 325i at $32k ED is tempting, but I also want to wait for a 130i.

·
Registered
305 Posts
sport package

Dawg90 said:
Is the sport package available now? I thought something is coming in September production, mystic blue and something else, like the sports package?

A 325i at $32k ED is tempting, but I also want to wait for a 130i.
ZSP is available according to everything I have seen. What is not available other than mystic blue is comfort access.

·
Registered
311 Posts
psychrunner said:
ZSP is available according to everything I have seen. What is not available other than mystic blue is comfort access.
And of course SMG. These are two options I will want if I get a 330i.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts