BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Build your own 2017 X1 is up on bmwusa.com. The optional sport seats can be configured with any color with the exception of Canberra Beige Sensa Tec. I do not know why this is not an option.

·
Let Apple rewrite iDrive
470 Posts
Nice! Sounds like BMW is listening to their customers who are demanding a viable seat option for "larger" (ahem) people. The sport seats are great for folks size XXL like me. :)

·
2012 X5 xDrive35i
81 Posts
Don't waste your money on Sports Seats

As bad as the stock seats are in the X1, the Sports seats can feel even worse if you have big thighs. The Sports seat is exactly the same width as the stock seat, and only add the thigh extension, which doesn't help much because it is too narrow. But, the Sports seats feel even more narrow because of very rigid seat boltering meant to keep you in your seat in tight turning. Unless you are a stick figure, you will be in pain from the poorly upholstered bottom seat cushion side bolsters digging into your sides. After extensive test drives on both the stock and sports seats, I decided on the stock. Despite having purchased a new 2017 X1, I have to say that these are the worst seats I have ever sat in, in any car....especially in any BMW. Shame on BMW for cost-cutting the seating!

BTW, I am 6'1" and 230lbs

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thankfully I find the standard seats fine. They're by no means a cushy lounge chair or built like a Recaro, but they are fine by me. I would have thought at the BMW price point, at least a manual lumbar might be present. BMW seems hell-bent on attaching certain quality-of-life and safety items to "premium" packages.

·
2012 X5 xDrive35i
81 Posts
Yes, I don't think I have ever been able to avoid buying the "Premium" package on any of my BMWs. The only thing I really didn't want to live without was the iconic angel eye LEDs, which is part of the package. I spent about $8000 in additional packages... I don't know anyone who actually bought (and area happy with) the base model BMW.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a semi-base and love it! Only options are Nav business, Cold weather and aluminum trim. I couldn't justify the amount of money for other packages

Yes, I don't think I have ever been able to avoid buying the "Premium" package on any of my BMWs. The only thing I really didn't want to live without was the iconic angel eye LEDs, which is part of the package. I spent about $8000 in additional packages... I don't know anyone who actually bought (and area happy with) the base model BMW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts