BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
unbekannt
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they in the process of changing the config options there or something? Yesterday I could select m and non-m sport packages on a 335 xdrive and today I can't even select ANY sport package for a 335 xdrive.

i can select msport for a 328 but no non-m.

:dunno:

·
Registered
612 Posts
And your point is? The BMW USA web site is rarely correct or up-to-date. For example, they added BMW Apps several weeks ago for the 335i xDrive coupe but neglected to remove the Sport Package (no longer an available option). Both production line changes occurred as of March 1. The tracker feature telling you where you new car is in the production/shipping process is often off by days; people recommend that you call BMW NA on the phone to get the real status. The list goes on.

·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts
And your point is? The BMW USA web site is rarely correct or up-to-date. For example, they added BMW Apps several weeks ago for the 335i xDrive coupe but neglected to remove the Sport Package (no longer an available option). Both production line changes occurred as of March 1. The tracker feature telling you where you new car is in the production/shipping process is often off by days; people recommend that you call BMW NA on the phone to get the real status. The list goes on.
Our X5 has been in the garage for a month now and the online tracker STILL says it's at the VPC center. :rofl:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think the OP is referring to if there is a regulart Sports Package option. To answer your question, the Sports Package is no longer offered from 3/2011 production, you can only get the M Sports Package, so that's why you no longer see it on the configurator.

·
Registered
131 Posts
On the USA's Build Your Own thingy the "sport" package and "m sport" package both seem to be available on sedans, but only the "m sport" seems available on coupes, which may be causing confusion. I believe this parallels what you are able to order in real life, though I'm not sure.

·
unbekannt
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol seriously

my point was to find out if anyone else had the same problem, or maybe to let someone know who works there who might see this post

nothing im about to get on the phone about

as of yesterday you could not configure a 335 xdrive with even m-sport, i understand that regular sport is not available

do u understand now

·
unbekannt
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just tried again and you still cant select m-sport on the 335 xdrive

it does show up on the model if u select lemans blue though

i wanted to check if tehy removed the 193m wheels from the m-sport package for the 335

if they did i dont even think im going to lease again, prolly just extend this one or maybe go mercedes

they arent offering **** for options, basically if you get a 3 series u have to look like a tool in 2011

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know about the sedans, but here are the coupe packages:

The M Sport Package for the 328i Coupe comes with 18" 152 V-spoke wheels (don't know what the tires are).

The M Sport Package for the 328i xDrive Coupe comes with 17" 340 star spoke wheels with all-season run flats. For $600 extra, you can upgrade to 18" 152 V-spoke wheels (don't know what the tires are).

The M Sport Package for the 335i Coupe comes with 18" 193M spoke wheels with performance run flats. For $1,000 extra, you can upgrade to 19" 230 star spoke wheels with performance run flats.

The M Sport Package for the 335i xDrive Coupe comes with 17" 194M double spoke wheels with all-season run flats. For $600 extra, you can upgrade to 18" 193M star spoke wheels with performance run flats.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
i hope that is the case because that other thread where the guy says they changed from the 193m for the 328 to these hideous things they are trying to call rims has me nervous cause i havent seen if they changed it for the 335 xdrive yet
THe 335i xdrive coupe w/ msport now comes std w/ 17" style 194 wheels (same as the 328 xdrive msport sedan), w/ an upgrade to the 193s for an extra $600.

·
unbekannt
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand that, but the thing is you have this other thread recently (the title is something m-sport wheels) where the guy noticed in the configurator that they removed the option for the 193m from the 328. The configurator is real messed up right now and if you go to configure a 328 xdrive, it actually shows the 193m wheels and only lists the v-spoke 152s. Since you cant even select m-sport for the 335 x drive right now, and given that the 193s were previously available on the 328 and the 335, lends credence to them possibly removing the 193s as an option for the 335 xdrive as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts