1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Living a dream!
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's what I have so far:

X5 xDrive35iSport Activity $57,300
  • 328 Running boards $300
  • 456 Multi Contour Seats (N/C Included with ZAV)
  • 6NR BMW Apps $250

ZCV Convenience Package $3,500
  • 319 Universal garage-door opener
  • 322 Comfort Access keyless entry
  • 3AH Rear View Camera with Top View
  • 417 Rear manual side window shades
  • 4NA Digital compass mirror
  • 4NB 4-zone automatic climate control
  • 609 Navigation system
  • 615 Online Information Services
  • 620 Voice-command
  • 6UH Real Time Traffic Information

ZPS Premium Sound Package $1,500
  • 655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
  • 677 Premium hi-fi system

ZTP Technology Package
$1,700
  • 5AC Automatic high beams
  • 5DK Side-view camera
  • 610 Head-up Display

ZAV Active Ventilated Seat Package $1,700

Questions:

• Do they all come with 20" Wheels?
  • Under the Convenience Pkg, it lists these items, but only for the basic X-Drive 35, I'm thinking they come with the SAV as part of that package?
Convenience Package

• 402 Panoramic moonroof
  • 430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
  • 431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • 4AB Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
  • or 4AZ Dark Bamboo wood trim
  • or 4BP Light Poplar Wood trim
  • 563 Ambiance lighting

Finally.. heated front seats? Included on all?

Thanks a bunch, about to place order and wanted to run it by you folks :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's pretty much exactly what I got, except I didn't get the active ventilated seat package (which I think I'm beginning to regret). The 20" wheels I'm not sure about, but they do all come with heated front seats. That used to be part of the cold weather package, but it's now included in the base and the cold weather package includes rear heated seats as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
GeneArch:

I placed an order very similar to yours as well. I see that you did not get the 3rd Row seats, and as such, I would recommend getting the Space Saver Spare if you plan on ever swapping your tires out for non-RFTs. I also did not get the ventilated seat package and opted to get the Premium sound as a standalone and not as part of the premium sound package as I cannot get sat radio overseas.

Reference your questions...

*The X5 35i Sports Activity comes standard with the 20" wheels. The 19" Style 335 wheels are a no cost option in the event you do not want the 20" Style 214 wheels.
*All the options listed under the convenience package for the base X5 35i come standard on the Sport Activity.
*Heated Front seats are standard on every 35i. Looks like you're in So.Cal so I understand why you didn't get the Cold Weather Package, but not getting the package may limit your options in terms of resale (hopefully you will continue to enjoy your vehicle for years to come) as you will have to target individuals in warm weather regions. Just my 2cents.

Good luck on your future purchase.

·
DeanLinAZ
106 Posts
A lot of folks on this forum do not have good words to say about the running board option. They are not very functional (poor leverage when entering/exiting) and almost assure getting the back of your pants/leg dirty when exiting in bad weather. My SA recommended that we pass on the $300.00 option, which we did.

The base SAV package includes 20" wheels, but 19"s are a no cost option to the base SAV package.

At least thse were the choices in August, 2011.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the specs for the 2012 xDrive35i SAV and yes it comes with 20" Alloy Y-spoke wheels (style 214) and heated from seats is standard. The convenience package you listed without the price is standard on the SAV model.

I am looking at the same model but with the M-Sport package and Convenience package. How about getting active steering and adaptive drive?

·
Registered
176 Posts
A lot of folks on this forum do not have good words to say about the running board option. They are not very functional (poor leverage when entering/exiting) and almost assure getting the back of your pants/leg dirty when exiting in bad weather. My SA recommended that we pass on the $300.00 option, which we did.

The base SAV package includes 20" wheels, but 19"s are a no cost option to the base SAV package.

At least thse were the choices in August, 2011.
Perhaps not functional...but they do look good!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Perhaps not functional...but they do look good!
++1 aesthetically functional, however...I think for most BMW buyers, functionality is secondary, ie. the non-ergonomically funtional cupholder.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would not get the running boards. I found they made it harder to get in and out of the vehicle and they will get dirt on your clothes in winter.

Compact spare tire ? (if you're not getting third row) Much cheaper to buy with car than later, and good to have if you ditch the run flats.

Our 2012 35i SA build is:

ZCV+ZCW+ZTP+
300 space saver spare
2LK 19" wheels
456 multi contour
677 premium hifi (no sat radio)
6FF rear seat entertainment
6NR BMW apps

·
Registered
262 Posts
+1 on the spare wheel. It's cheap but can save you from running the so called run flat into the ground.

+1 on the running boards. They add a lot of style to the car and to me an SUV, excuse me I mean SAV, just doesn't look quite right without one. LOL, and yes functionality kind of takes a backseat to style for me. Let's be real, how is 20" 35 profile Y-rated performance tires functional on a truck? But they sure are HOT!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That's why we got the 19" option. I wish they had an 18" option for the SA pkg.
My thoughts exactly. Not very functional and I was in no mood to keep another set handy. Happy with the 19's

·
Registered
237 Posts
+1 on the spare wheel. It's cheap but can save you from running the so called run flat into the ground.

+1 on the running boards. They add a lot of style to the car and to me an SUV, excuse me I mean SAV, just doesn't look quite right without one. LOL, and yes functionality kind of takes a backseat to style for me. Let's be real, how is 20" 35 profile Y-rated performance tires functional on a truck? But they sure are HOT!
+++1 on the running boards and 20s. Driving a BMW is anything but "functional", least to say a 5.Oi in this volatile economy...but some do. Its more of a "want"--secondary neccessity--because you can. C'mon, how many of us would entertain the idea of "off-roading" with the X5. The running boars and 20s will give the X5 a menacing phenotype.

·
Living a dream!
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the great feedback, I'll get the spare and give the running boards some thought.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,528 Posts
r...I think for most CURRENT, ***** BMW buyers, functionality is secondary.
Fixed that for you.

Form follows function...but the sales and marketing arms have convinced buyers that 'style' is in itself a value, irrespective of function.

+++1 on the running boards and 20s. Driving a BMW is anything but "functional", least to say a 5.Oi in this volatile economy...but some do. Its more of a "want"--secondary neccessity--because you can. C'mon, how many of us would entertain the idea of "off-roading" with the X5. The running boars and 20s will give the X5 a menacing phenotype.
Do not confuse 'functionality' of style with economy or broader issues of social responsibility and utilitarian functions.

(I drive the last great M5, in terms of style and function. Fuel economy has nothing to do with it. Say what you want about the E60 and F10, many auto puristsl agree that BMW has lost their way, stylistically...)

Running board look poser, but perhaps to posers they look stylish. I guess it depends on who you are looking to menace....

Just my opinion of course, and not a personal attack...I'm quoting one poster, but speaking to a broader slice of owner/reader.

OP- Are you sure the vented seats are worth that $$$? I never like holes in leather, and I hear the performance is pretty mediocre.

A

·
Registered
248 Posts
Leather dash is very nice for 1900. Or full black nappa for 2400...really changes the interior and gives it an upscale look.

·
Registered
284 Posts
BMW apps also, some very nice features there

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Get the spare tire option. It is much cheaper when ordered as an option, as compared to trying to add it later. And even if you have runflats, they are generally consider to not be repairable if you run them flat for any distance, e.g., even with a runflat, it would be wise to use the spare rather than drive 50 miles on a "flat" run-flat if you want to have it repaired.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree. I have the same set-up except that I have the cold weather package and the running boards along with BMW apps.

Style and function is in the eye of the beholder. If people thought practical they probably wouldn't buy a BMW at all, especially their M series vehicles. Where can you drive those vehicle and get everything out of it in the States except on a track and most of us are not F1 drivers.

IMHO I just think the car looks as if it is missing something without the running boards.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree. I have the same set-up except that I have the cold weather package and the running boards along with BMW apps.

Style and function is in the eye of the beholder. ...

IMHO I just think the car looks as if it is missing something without the running boards.
I wouldn't mind having the running boards just for looks, if they didn't detract from function (vs just having no function). But my issue is they get in the way getting in and out of the car, and I know in winter that means getting dirt marks on my pants etc.

The other thing I think is a consideration is how tall you are. My wife is 5'10" and I'm 6'5". I can see if you're shorter you might want them to help getting in and out of the car.

This is the same as the M package. I love the look of it, but couldn't get over losing the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
395 Posts
One thing that nobody appears to have mentioned re: opting for 19's in the sport pkg. You will LOSE the flared rear fender flares if you don't choose the 20" wheels. Also the tires on the 19's will be all-seasons, while the 20's are equipped w/summer performance rubber, for better or worse......

I would suggest the OP to keep the 20's seeing that he's located in S. Cal. He can always sell/swap the 20's for something smaller later on if he wishes. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts