BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after I got my car some idiot decided to use my rear bumper to help parallel park their car or truck and left some serious license plate bolt impressions in the plastic bumper. I have heard different stories about repairing the bumpers and I understand the usual thing is to fill in the bad areas and then paint the whole bumper, but there are questions as to whether repainting the bumper will hold up. Does anyone have any experience with this or do you have any other methods of repair which work better?

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
jerrykdc said:
I understand the usual thing is to fill in the bad areas and then paint the whole bumper, but there are questions as to whether repainting the bumper will hold up. Does anyone have any experience with this or do you have any other methods of repair which work better?
Yes, it will hold up (don't really understand why not :dunno: ) and I've done it before. I did more damage to a bumper than dents, basically made the whole corner fold. I had it fixed in stages, first the guy fixed the bumper then I took it to have it painted. It still looks brand new almost 2 years later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts