BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone, unknown, rammed the front of my daughter's 1990 325 convertible . The only damage is that the front bumper is about an inch off horizontal (right end higher than the left) and it is tilted back a tad. I crawled under the car and the right bumper shock is tilted up but does not appear to be compressed; the left bunper shock appears to still be horizontal and unaffected.

Is it possible to straighten out the bumper shock and realign the bumper or will I need to replace it with a buy a new one?

Thnaks in advance for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Someone, unknown, rammed the front of my daughter's 1990 325 convertible . The only damage is that the front bumper is about an inch off horizontal (right end higher than the left) and it is tilted back a tad. I crawled under the car and the right bumper shock is tilted up but does not appear to be compressed; the left bunper shock appears to still be horizontal and unaffected.

Is it possible to straighten out the bumper shock and realign the bumper or will I need to replace it with a buy a new one?

Thnaks in advance for your assistance.
has the housing moved as well? or just the arm? if its the later it will need to be replaced for sure. if its the former then hopefully its just a bolt that that has bent and you will have to get another one. either way its a trip to the local yard, and for what its worth you might as well get a new shock

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.