BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I’ve received a bunch of errors on my board computer. It is very strange that I got it at once. I guess it might be some specific block fault, which controls functions mentioned below.
1. When engine is off, gear position P is engaged automatically. Have the problem checked by BMW Service…
2. Gearbox functions impaired. Possible risk of gearbox failure! Have the problem checked by BMW Service…
3. Function of airbags, belt tensioners and belt tension limiters faulty! Ensure your seatbelt is fastened. Have the problem checked by BMW Service…
4. Drive control system! Drive moderately! Drive control system failure. Have the problem checked by BMW Service…
Plus, all the wheel buttons including volume control, transmission modes, phone control are disabled.
I’m quite shocked. Going to service next week…
Until then, maybe somebody got such errors? What it might be?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
take it to the dealer. is ur car an 02?

·
Registered
126 Posts
yup dealer, sounds like 02 bugs (hopefully that is all it is).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't wait any longer and went to the service today. What can I say - the service man simply made a total Power-off to the car, that he connected it to the computer and reseted remainig errors. Now everything is OK. But they said, that those errors may appear in a week, or in a month, or even in a half year. You never know and there are too many factors which influences vehicle behaviour. Especially - electronic parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i experienced the same soryt of thing wiwth my 04 and the dea;er initally related it to a bad cell in the battery (replaced) 2 days later, car died....(alternator replaced) ...waiting for the next issue now, but all lights and errors are gone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
We got a 7series (yes, 02) that recently develloped the same symptoms and the local dealer is completely lost as to what can be the cause.
If and when somebody out there eventually finds out what causes it :dunno:, I would appreciate it if they posted it here.
Thx

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Why would they perform a battery reset before checking the fault memory.They should have figured out what BUS went down and located the MODULE responsible for it.For one,I can guarantee the SIM module is bad due to your faults.SIM is separate from all the other BUS lines that you are having problems with.AT the very LEAST,they should have updated the software to eliminate software issues.They gave you a band aid for your wound,for that i am sorry.

·
Registered
367 Posts
luckely didn't have those problems yet.

Luckely they've removed the errors.

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
this has happens to me, and continues to happen at least once a month... dealer said that when one computer goes down, it usually takes them all down with it... have to take it in again, but for the time being i usually power the car off and back on, fixing the errors...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
this has happens to me, and continues to happen at least once a month... dealer said that when one computer goes down, it usually takes them all down with it... have to take it in again, but for the time being i usually power the car off and back on, fixing the errors...
that works with me b4 , Im taking the car in for 32 point inspection in couple of hours , any ideas what kind of inspection is performed ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts