BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Burger JB4 on 2007 335i( HELP!)

1693 3
I have recently installed the JB4 on my 2007 BMW 335I and I dowloaded and followed all the steps. I guess I am upset because in my box they should have included all the instructions for my particular vehicle, which it didn't, but to refer me to their website to watch the video and download all the paperwork. So I wasnt happy about that at all. The next big issue is I installed everything correct and to be honest the car when you hammer on it just acts like it has a engine misfire and throws a check engine light. So I took everything back apart thinking I did something wrong, but I found nothing.. So I sent a email over to BURGER MOTORSPORTS and they did send back a response but they didnt seem to answer any of the issues. I did not know anything about the whole mapping sequence you can do from the buttons on your steering wheel and I asked about what that was all about and what to do to tune it right. My car yes has more power but it acts like it doesnt get full power when you run it up hard. ANY HELP PLEASE?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
That's most often a connector issue. Possible a pin was pushed out, or if you removed/moved pins there was a problem, or a connector's not making full contact.

A much deeper reservoir of experience & expertise avail @ e90post & n54tech.

Emoticon Smiley Facial expression Smile Yellow
I have recently installed the JB4 on my 2007 BMW 335I and I dowloaded and followed all the steps. I guess I am upset because in my box they should have included all the instructions for my particular vehicle, which it didn't, but to refer me to their website to watch the video and download all the paperwork. So I wasnt happy about that at all. The next big issue is I installed everything correct and to be honest the car when you hammer on it just acts like it has a engine misfire and throws a check engine light. So I took everything back apart thinking I did something wrong, but I found nothing.. So I sent a email over to BURGER MOTORSPORTS and they did send back a response but they didnt seem to answer any of the issues. I did not know anything about the whole mapping sequence you can do from the buttons on your steering wheel and I asked about what that was all about and what to do to tune it right. My car yes has more power but it acts like it doesnt get full power when you run it up hard. ANY HELP PLEASE?
Nobody here not even [email protected] could say oh wiggle x+y and it'll work, you've basically gotta go back over one step at a time :(

lol sorry buddy, good luck!
You really need to read the install instructions & go back over them step by step to see if there is a mistake someplace. On the n54tech site the N54 sticky post #1 has a chart of the steering wheel control sequence, check it out. This is not a hard install if you go step by step with the instructions. As said hooking up the power wire is the most common error.

Also, the JB4 is in sleep mode till the oil temp reaches 160+
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.