BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less then two weeks to go!

This forum has been great.

I have been doing a ton of research and have been having really good luck finding great recomendations for resturants and Hotels and sites both here and on the web in general.

one thing I am having a hard time with though. Wine tasting in Burgundy.

We are planning on driving from Lyon to paris up through Dojon and the cote d'or. It looks like a good long drive (via michelin puts it at 4 1/2 hours). I would like to stop and do a little wine tasting but don't want to get trashed obviously and I think we will only have time for one or two cellars and I would like to make them count? I am a big fan of Pinot Noir but don't have much experience with french wines since there is so much good stuff here on the west coast of the US. Any one have any recomendations? Tips places to Avoid?

Has any one done this drive?

What about other web resources for this reigon? Google has been good, but I am having a hard time prying any specifics out of anyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are doing a similar trip in July. After picking up our car in Munich we are heading through Switzerland and Italy to Monaco, Nice and spending some time in Montpellier and Nimes area, before heading back through Burgundy. I found a small B&B in Nuits-Saint-Georges wher we will spend three days sample lots of Pinots. There are numerous B&Bs in Beaune with plenty of wine tasting in the area. Try these sites:
www.chambresdhotesfrance.com
www.bed-breakfast-france.com
Good luck
RonX3

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a bottle of a 1cru from Nuit St. George ( I forget the name of the producer) the other night and it was outstanding. The area sounds great I just wish we were there longer ( I am considering canceling one of my nights in Paris and satying around Beaune or Dijon instead).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts