BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got nailed doing 57 in a 40 today. V1 didnt even stand a chance. The laser alert went off, and by the time I looked up, I saw a motorcycle cop with his lights on. Damn laser.

Kinda harassing me too. He asked who changed my exhaust and if I had the stock one. He then tried to tell me that my exhaust is on the loud side. I told him, well sorry, but it is legal. Its from the cat back, so no emissions equipment was tampered. He said he was just warning cause they tend to target louder cars. He asked if I had cats and wondering if I tampered with the emissions, and then he asked to open my hood and asked if everything was smog legal. Lucky I still had my Dinan CARB sticker on there, and I showed him that and that was the end of that. I told him he was more than welcome to crawl under the car to see the cats, but he declined. hehe

On a side note, my laser goes off every once in a while randomly, so I thought it was another false alarm. So today, I thought it was another. guess not. There goes another Sat down the drain for traffic school

·
10,856 Posts
Lucky bastard. At leaswt you can go to driver's school and get points off.
Here in MD, you can't do shit about tickets aside from fighting them in court. I have 5 points on my license for ONE ticket! (Just speeding, 93 in a 50.) :yikes: It only takes 8 points to get suspended!

I didn't dare go to court for that one, either. St. Mary's county, MD is not known for its friendliness towards people who are young, BMW drivers, have jewish surnames, aren't white and aren't even local. :(

One more year and my license will be clear.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Chuck, why didn't you show up to Irvine Park on Sat.? It was pretty lonely being the only bimmer for most of the day (Some TuningWerks guys showed up for a while).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaz: I had a wedding to go to that day. Mike told me about it though. Oh, and I was changing my water pump/thermostat and SC pulley in the morning. Ran into a problem where I couldnt find the right belt size for the new pulley, so the car was grounded.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
St. Mary's county, MD is not known for its friendliness towards people who are young, BMW drivers, have jewish surnames, aren't white and aren't even local. :(

Who are you really--Lenny Kravitz?

:bigpimp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.