BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 98 540i. My stock headlight adjusters are busted. What to do and how much should I expect to pay for upgrading to HID? Any place good in San Mateo, CA area anyone can recommend to take my car to?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have 98 540i. My stock headlight adjusters are busted. What to do and how much should I expect to pay for upgrading to HID? Any place good in San Mateo, CA area anyone can recommend to take my car to?
This was awnsered in your previous thread. This would also be a good time to install HID's if you wanted them

Check on your other thread.

·
Technical Graphite > ALL
446 Posts
$200+
DDM / Apexcone, OEM
DIY yes
Search!!!!!!!!!!

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Umnitza has all your answers.

OEMs will run you at least $1000, probably more***8230;if you get them for less with angel eyes please tell me how you did it!

Aftermarket is cheaper, more like $800 with HID at the highish end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Thank you for thread responding to my question.

How much would it cost just to fix the adjuster? And what after market brand is good?

·
Registered
187 Posts
will the replacement of both adjusters work with my single xenon headlight?
Each of your headlights has two plastic adjusters, one for the horizontal adjustment and one for the vertical adjustment. So, you'd need 2 sets of adjusters to do both headlights. There is a great how to on this forum with pictures, part #'s (for your 1997-2000 headlights) and detailed instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts