BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So uh, I just talked to my friend " Butthead," and this is what allegedly happened to him today.

So "Butthead" also has an E46 M3 that he loves to drive sideways. And today, coming off of the freeway offramp, he got the car oh, about 45 degrees sideways.:bigpimp:

Unwound the wheel, still grinning like an idiot, he looked in the rear view mirror and what did he see?

LAPD cruiser waiting at the light.:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Lucky for him, there was a protected green left turn in LAPD's way, so the cruiser could only sit there and wait.:thumbup:

Even more lucky for "Butthead" the surface street that he turned into was on a downhill. He carefully drove at the speed limit until he lost the line of sight of the cruiser. Foot to the floor, then ducked into one of the side streets with a view through the bushes, and turned off the car. And he waited...

Sure enough, the LAPD cruiser, with Christmas lights show, came flying passed him on the other side of the bushes.

I wondered though, since "Butthead" got the car sideways well within the speed limit, 8000rpm in 1st, and did not lose control of his vehile. What could the cruiser possibly cite him for?:dunno:

I guess we'll never know.;) :bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Well, if you peel out at 0MPH you can still get cited... :dunno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
Stuka said:
.....What could the cruiser possibly cite him for?:dunno:
Speed is not an issue when you are being cited for "reckless driving", "demonstration of speed" (a very popular one for doing burn-outs and "power-slide").

beewang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaz said:
Well, if you peel out at 0MPH you can still get cited... :dunno:
As the famed Mr. Heston would say, "Damn them, dman them all to hell.":flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Don't they have better things to do like helping people write police reports in an accident?:banghead: (LAPD will NOT issue a police accident report in you are involved in surface street non injury accident. So if you got hit by people with sh*tty or no insurance, and they are low life liars, you'll have a long road ahead of you).

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Stuka said:

Don't they have better things to do like helping people write police reports in an accident?:banghead: (LAPD will NOT issue a police accident report in you are involved in surface street non injury accident. So if you got hit by people with sh*tty or no insurance, and they are low life liars, you'll have a long road ahead of you).
You're correct about this. I know several people who have been put in this situation and had a hell of a time with their insurance carrier because of the stupidass LAPD.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,901 Posts
Stuka said:
I wondered though, since "Butthead" got the car sideways well within the speed limit, 8000rpm in 1st, and did not lose control of his vehile. What could the cruiser possibly cite him for?:dunno:
Exhibition driving. It's against the law to show off, incredible as such an idiotic law may be. :mad:
 

·
Lap Dog
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Stuka said:
Sure enough, the LAPD cruiser, with Christmas lights show, came flying passed him on the other side of the bushes.
Maybe they just wanted to catch up with you to wish you a Merry Christmas :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top