BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Here are some pictures from ButtonWillow today! Some shots taken by Raffi. Obviously, HACK and I were placed in the same group. :D

One word: WOW! I think I might be addicted to track school now. Had about 4 runs today. 2 of which, I was left alone to drive the course without an instructor! Paddle-shifting felt so much better than I thought! Yes, my Steptronic brought me a lot of joy on the tracks. To make you stick shifters feel better, the cars that overtook me are NSX, Z8 and some E30 M3. No spin-outs, no cone eating. Michelins held up pretty well despite the weather. Brakes and everything else still working well! My car has tons of bugs on the spoiler. But hey! That's the way driving is! :D All in all, excluding instuctor's 4 laps, I had about at least 16 laps. Could be more. Had so much fun that I forgot to count. Suddenly, AutoXs don't seem that exciting anymore....track is!

I will write another review tomorrow. HACK won't be around tonight to surf the forum. Raffi is probably sleeping now already. :thumbup:
Good night all!

This is HACK

And this is ME

Z8 at the tracks!

Ahh...cool guys wear caps!
Hey Vince,

I am still up at 11:25 p.m.! The drive back was smooth, no officers to spoil the fun and no heavy traffic.

You are completely underestimating the number of laps you had. Each lap lasts about 3 minutes for you, I would estimate, so you had about 8-10 laps per session. HACK and I had 7 sessions, so unless you missed one, that's how many you had too.

Glad you enjoyed the day. You ARE officially hooked :p

Later.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Overall, I love tracking now. Thanks to Raffi's support and also Sergio's introduction last year. Tracking is more fun than AutoX. This is where I learnt more about braking and cornering. Often in AutoX, things happen so fast that you tend to be confused. Hence, I think it's great to attend a track event before an AutoX. Anyone care to comment?

So when is the next one, Raffi? :D

highlights of the day:

+ Raffi trusted me with his camera. I took 3 pictures only later to find out that there was no film in there!

Yo Vince,

I am glad you had fun. You were driving very well for a first-timer. Tracking is THE BEST way to enjoy your car, IMHO.

The next school at Buttonwillow is in September, through the Central California Chapter of the CCA. Check out www.cccbmwcca.com (or .org?) for details. The application is already posted. The LA chapter is having a school at Fontana in August, but I am not going to attend it (a lot of members are, shall we say, boycotting it because of the outrageous price and the poor service at the last LA CCA event. :thumbdwn:

Later.

BTW, I dropped off the roll of film I took this morning. I will let you know when I get them back.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
The HACK said:
I can still visualize EVERY SINGLE TURN right now. Pretty damn sweet.

One more thing that I noticed...My car seems to like me a lot better now. After the track event a few of the squeak and rattles seems to have settle themselves out. Car seems to push a lot easier and for some odd reason, the suspension seems a lot more settled in and the tires grippier. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it felt like the car was saying "THANK YOU!!!" as I push it on the tracks and as the Bridgestone S-03s wail underneath me.

Everytime I park the car and walk a way after each session, the car seems to have this giant *ss sh*t eating grin mirroring the one on my face. :)
You definitely learned the right things if you can visualize the track afterwards. :thumbup:

I remember that YOU had a big grin on your face when you pulled in to the pits. :D

You had an intimate day with your car at the track and you two bonded, that's why it is thanking you now! :bigpimp:

Later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.