·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen it at Pepboys but you can also get it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=windo+weld&x=0&y=0

Also, if this is for the vapor barrier, some have used GE Silicone II performance caulking and reported better results than Butyl.

GE Silicone II is available at any Home Improvement store, Home Deopt, Lowes, Ace, Tru value etc.
Yes, this is for the vapor barrier. I dont want something that is permanent because just in case I need access to the window regulators later on...dont want to tear up the vapor barriers. Is the GE Silicone II something permanent?

3M Windo-weld is available in various thicknesses, the thicker the higher the price. I got this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ4AOO/ref=oss_product

You could also try some of the home-depot type places that sell materials for home sunroof repair/sealing.
Do you know whats the correct size to use for those vapor barriers?

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Might find suppliers in these bestlinks pointers:
- REAR DOOR VAPOR BARRIER FAILS CAUSING WATER PUDDLES: improper adhesive used on rear door vapor barrier seals that allow rain water to fill the rear footwell (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rear drivers side puddle

This happened to me from the driving rain last Sunday up here in New England...I didnt notice the problem until Thursday when my daughters book was frozen stuck to the rubber mat.....its been in the teens at night around here...today I begin my search for this Butyl tape also.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Butyl Tape

I ended up getting it at Advanced Auto Parts yesterday.....its 3M Window Weld.....i also did the vapor barrier repair yesterday.....very easy DIY.

·
Registered
401 Posts
my wagon is long gone, but i still lurk here. before i sold it, i had already tried to restick the vapor barriers once, but it only worked temporarily. i ended up using some dynamat extreme and just replaced the vapor barrier altogether. rolled it in good and hard with a roller, and i haven't heard anything from the new owner about it, so i'm assuming it worked out for him. but something to consider, hell it'll even cut down on some of the noise. just a thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.