BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Buy 2005 330CI or wait for 2007 E90 330CI

2621 7
My dad is going to buy me a car within these two weeks. And I went to BMW dealer today and test drove a 330CI. And i loved it! But after I came home today and searched the internet. I realized the new E90 330CI maybe coming in for 2007. I love the look of the current 330CI. But I am afraid that the new E90 330CI will have a better look. I am new to this forum, plz give me some advice
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Man I am in the same state. I was thinking of trading in my convertible for a 330ci but if I wait my lease out , it will be just in time for the e91. I'm waiting to see a clear real pic to make my decision, waiting for the brochure to leak out. :p
I saw the E90 in person for the first time today and I thought it looked really good. It didn't make my E46 look that old, but it still was a car I would like to own. So I think the E90 coupes & M3 will be really nice. OTHO the coupe probably won't come out for a least a year and I would like to wait 2 - 3 model years to see if they upgrade the HP or facelift or something like that so, I would get the E46 coupe now, enjoy it and experience it for 3, 4, 5 years and then sell it and get the E90. Look at the 5 series, if you got a 530i when it first came out, now you're going to be able to get a 535i which I'd much rather have.
There were some spy photos on here somewhere. After having a look at the 07 330Ci I'm going for the 06 instead. The 06 330i looks too much like a cross between an Audi A4 and an Acura TL. Not that it's a bad thing, but if I wanted a Audi or Acura I would save some cash and go that route. I don't much care for the grill on the 06 330i
edward88 said:
My dad is going to buy me a car within these two weeks. And I went to BMW dealer today and test drove a 330CI. And i loved it! But after I came home today and searched the internet. I realized the new E90 330CI maybe coming in for 2007. I love the look of the current 330CI. But I am afraid that the new E90 330CI will have a better look. I am new to this forum, plz give me some advice
Here's my advise to you. Buy the E46 300ci, because this model has most of its bad gadgets and stuff worked out. Drive it for 3 years, than after the new E90/E92 is in its 3 year release buy one. Because the first two years, the car will have problems with gadgets and what not. So don't be a test dummy. See what they did with the E46 all together, they indroduced a whole new engines after E46 release from 2001. I am hearing words of a 335i/ci. So for now buy the E46 Coupe, and wait about 3 years for a new revised E90/E92 coupe. :) :thumbup:
Didn't the guy who wanted the car start/end this thread almost a year ago? I don't know if he'd heed your advice since he probably already bought a car by now...but maybe he waited. :dunno:
BMW318i_E36 said:
Here's my advise to you. Buy the E46 300ci, because this model has most of its bad gadgets and stuff worked out. Drive it for 3 years, than after the new E90/E92 is in its 3 year release buy one. Because the first two years, the car will have problems with gadgets and what not. So don't be a test dummy. See what they did with the E46 all together, they indroduced a whole new engines after E46 release from 2001. I am hearing words of a 335i/ci. So for now buy the E46 Coupe, and wait about 3 years for a new revised E90/E92 coupe. :) :thumbup:
I didn't notice the date, ma bad :mad: :eeps:
330ximd said:
Didn't the guy who wanted the car start/end this thread almost a year ago? I don't know if he'd heed your advice since he probably already bought a car by now...but maybe he waited. :dunno:
Just get a 335i coupe. It gets better gas mileage than the current 330Ci and makes more power. What's not to like? Also there's no turbo lag and its Nice looking!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.